Huntsville, Texas, Oct. 6, 2010 – 2010 U.S. all-around champion and 2009 World all-around silver-medalist Rebecca Bross of Plano, Texas, 2009 World all-around champion Bridget Sloan of Pittsboro, Ind., and 2008 Olympic silver-medalist and seven-time world-medalist Alicia Sacramone of Winchester, Mass., headline the U.S. Women’s Team for the 2010 World Gymnastics Championships, Oct. 17-24, in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
The members of the World Team, which includes a mixture of veterans and new faces, are:
- Rebecca Bross of Plano, Texas/WOGA
- Mackenzie Caquatto of Naperville, Ill./Legacy Elite Gymnastics
- Chelsea Davis of Lakeway, Texas/Texas Dreams Gymnastics
- Mattie Larson of Los Angeles, Calif./All Olympia
- Alexandra Raisman of Needham, Mass./Brestyan’s American Gymnastics
- Alicia Sacramone of Winchester, Mass./Brestyan’s American Gymnastics
- Bridget Sloan of Pittsboro, Ind./Sharp’s Gymnastics Academy
"We have a strong team that features a mixture of veterans and newcomers," said Steve Penny, president of USA Gymnastics. "It is exciting to see so many young athletes competing at the World Championships two years out from the Olympic Games. This is the perfect opportunity for them to gain valuable experience on the world stage. We are also lucky to have the leadership of a couple of more experienced athletes. This year’s Worlds gives everyone the chance to see where they stand at this pivotal point heading into London in 2012."
The 2010 World Championships are the first qualifying step for the 2012 London Olympic Games. The World Championships, which will be held in Ahoy Arena, will feature team, all-around and individual event competition.