We are excited to announce that registration for the 2021/2022 season will begin Monday, June 21, 2021. In preparation for our season opening, please review our important new season updates and reminders.
When professional and instructor members renew their membership this season, they will find a change from the traditional membership options.
USA Gymnastics recognized the need to provide a membership program that was a bit easier to understand. We are eliminating the broad membership terms of "professional" and "instructor" and are replacing these terms with new membership categories that more accurately identify the roles each member serves within the sport.
While the membership renewal process will not change, the membership selection process will appear slightly different. When professional and instructor members renew memberships this season, they will select from member categories such as competitive coach, recreational coach, judge, club owner, etc.
Membership opportunities will now be available for volunteers, medical providers and photographer/videographers who may be participating in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events.
Discounted Pricing for NEW Athlete Members
- New this season, brand-new athlete members will receive a first-time member price of $25. This offer is only available to athletes who have never held a USA Gymnastics athlete membership.
Discontinuing In-House Membership Processing – Online Only Membership Registration
- Starting June 21, 2021, USA Gymnastics will no longer accept mail/fax application forms for non-athlete memberships.
- Only athlete members will have the option to either mail/fax membership applications for in-house processing, or to purchase/renew their membership online.
- All other memberships must be purchased online.
Member Club Updates & Reminders:
- Owners/managing directors must renew their membership first before renewing the club membership, as each club must have an owner/managing director with an active membership to renew the club’s membership.
- Club administrators can use the "notify" button to send club members a renewal reminder that includes their username and renewal instructions.
- Organizations’ rosters will look the same but will reflect the new membership types.
- All Member Clubs are required to designate a Safety Champion. As a reminder, a Safety Champion is a person who champions a safe club atmosphere and serves as a liaison between USA Gymnastics and the club on matters related to safety, such as upcoming educational initiatives, policy clarification, delivering safety messages to club staff, parents, and athletes. Click here to learn more.
Online Registration Reminders
- Parents/guardians can log in to the USA Gymnastics website with their own username and password to register or renew their children’s membership. Member Clubs can also use the "notify" button to send club members a renewal reminder that includes their username and renewal instructions.
- All adult (18+) members are responsible for logging in to the USA Gymnastics website with their username and password to register/renew their membership.
- A non-member can affiliate with a club by logging in to the USA Gymnastics website and adding the club to his/her profile.
- New First-Time Athlete-$25
- Competitive Coach-$97
- Meet Director-$97
- Organization Owner/Managing Director-$97
- Recreational Coach- $17
- Member Club-$225
- Judging Association-$160
- Event Production-$300
*Competitive Coaches, Judges, Meet Directors, and Organization Owners/Managing Directors will only need to pay one membership fee; they will not need to pay a separate membership fee for each role they select. As an example, if the individual is both a competitive coach and a judge, they will only be charged one fee of $97.
This season, we will introduce two new educational courses that certain membership categories will need to complete as a condition of membership.
U113: USA Gymnastics Safe Sport Policy Course:
Starting November 1, 2021, all adult members will be required to complete the USA Gymnastics Safe Sport Policy Course. This course will serve to educate members on the organization Safe Sport Policy and how it applies to them in their membership role. The course is offered free of charge and will require approximately 20-30 minutes to compete. Click here for more information.
*Please note that this course is separate from the U110: U.S. Center for Safe Sport course.
U112: Tough Coaching or Emotional Abuse Course:
Starting January 10, 2022, all competitive coaches, recreational coaches and club owners/managing directors will be required to complete the U112: Tough Coaching or Emotional Abuse course as a condition of membership. This education seminar will provide an examination of what emotional abuse is and criteria used to help both coaches and parents better understand where the line is drawn between a tough coach, an intense practice and one that is abusive. The course is offered free of charge and will require approximately 1 hour to compete. Click here for more information.