- Women’s Qualifications Results: Team | All-Around | Events
- Photo Gallery
- Replays: Subdivision 3 | USA Tracker | Apparatus Feed
- Complete Olympics Results
TOKYO, July 25, 2021 – The U.S. women’s artistic gymnastics team – comprised of Simone Biles of Spring, Texas, Jordan Chiles of Vancouver, Wash., Sunisa Lee of St. Paul, Minn., and Grace McCallum of Isanti, Minn. – has advanced to the Tokyo Olympic team competition final based on their performances Sunday at the Ariake Gymnastics Centre. The U.S. team (170.562) qualified in second place behind the Russian Olympic Committee (171.629). The final is set for Tuesday, July 27 at 6:45 a.m. ET.
Biles and Lee finished first and third in all-around qualifying, respectively. Biles’ 57.731 led the field, while Brazil’s Rebeca Andrade (57.399) edged Lee (57.166) for the second spot. The all-around competition will be decided Thursday, July 29.
Competitors across five subdivisions also qualified for individual event finals during Sunday’s opening round. In addition to advancing to the all-around final, Biles executed a clean sweep of individual apparatus qualifications, claiming a spot in the finals for vault (15.183), uneven bars (14.566), balance beam (14.066) and floor exercise (14.133).
Lee will join Biles in the uneven bars (15.200) and balance beam (14.200) finals. Jade Carey of Phoenix, Ariz. – whose performances in the Apparatus World Cup Series earned her an individual nominative spot from the International Gymnastics Federation to represent the U.S. at the Tokyo Olympic Games – secured appearances in the vault (15.166) and floor exercise (14.100) finals.
MyKayla Skinner of Gilbert, Ariz., also competed as an individual during Sunday’s qualification. The veteran World team gold medalist posted the fourth highest score on vault (14.866) but did not advance to the apparatus final due to the two-athlete-per-country limit.
The U.S. men’s team will be back in action tomorrow with team finals set to begin at 6 a.m. ET. Start times for the remaining men’s and women’s artistic events are listed below in eastern time.
- Men’s team final: July 26, 6 a.m.
- Women’s team final: July 27, 6:45 a.m.
- Men’s all-around final: July 28, 6:15 a.m.
- Women’s all-around final: July 29, 6:50 a.m.
- Men’s floor exercise, women’s vault, men’s pommel horse and women’s uneven bars finals: August 1, 4 a.m.
- Men’s still rings, women’s floor exercise and men’s vault finals: August 2, 4 a.m.
- Men’s parallel bars, women’s balance beam and men’s horizontal bar finals: August 3, 4 a.m.