Indianapolis – Amanda Lentz, 22, (Seminole, Texas) won the 5th Tumbling World Cup Final on Saturday, December 16 in Dessau, Germany, defeating current World Champion Elena Bloujina (RUS) by one tenth of a point. Lentz scored 26.76 to Bloujina’s 26.66.
Lentz completed a round-off, flic, full-in back-out straight, whip, whip, flic, flic, half-in half-out straight to claim the title.
Lentz is the reigning U.S. Tumbling Champion and also won the national title in 1999 and 1997. She has been a member of three World Championship Teams. Lentz is coached by John Beck of Elmwood Gymnastics in New Orleans.
1. Amanda Lentz, USA, 26.76
2. Elena Bloujina, Russia, 26.66
3. Natalia Rakhmanova, Russia, 24.80
4. Kathryn Peberdy, Great Britain, 23.53
5. Natalia Zhoukina, Belarus, 20.46
6. Mariana Ndour, France, 19.86