- Junior 1: Individual | Team
- Junior 2: Individual | Team
- Junior 3: Individual | Team
- Junior 4: Individual | Team
- Junior 5: Individual | Team
- Junior 6: Individual | Team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, May 4, 2018 – On the first of three days of competition, six young women won the all-around at the 2018 Women’s Junior Olympic Level 9 Western Championships in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Mountain America Expo Center. The Level 9 Eastern and Western Championships are the culmination of the Junior Olympic Level 9 competitive season, and each features the nation’s top Level 9 gymnasts in the respective regions.
The all-around medalists are listed below.
- Junior 1 – Gold, Piper Slocum, Conroe, Texas/AIM Athletics Texans Gymnastics, 37.950; silver, Jordis Eichman, Colorado Springs, Colo./Colorado Aerials Gymnastics Center, 37.800; bronze, Quincey McCoy, Denver, Colo./TIGAR, 37.650
- Junior 2 – Gold, Amy Doyle, Little Flock, Ark./Aspire Gymnastics Academy, 38.375; silver, Emma Chaix, Newport Beach, Calif./Azarian U.S. Gymnastics Training Center, 38.175; bronze, Carmela Keuneke, Denver, Colo./TIGAR, 37.950
- Junior 3 – Gold, Kendall Landry, Frisco, Texas/Kurt Thomas Gymnastics, 38.250; silver, Bridget Foster, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre, and Cecily Rizo, San Antonio, Texas/Texas Dreams Gymnastics, 37.950
- Junior 4 – Gold, Emily Karay, Aliso Viejo, Calif./Azarian U.S. Gymnastics Training Center, 38.350; silver, Maddison Reidenbach, Hudson, Wis./Flips Gymnastics, 38.125; bronze, Sophia Maisel, Spring, Texas/AIM Athletics Texans Gymnastics, 38.100
- Junior 5 – Gold, Hana Strause, Foster City, Calif./San Mateo Gymnastics, 38.550; silver, Ayumi Oshiro, Belmont, Calif./San Mateo Gymnastics, 38.375; bronze, Victoria Cluck, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics, 38.350
- Junior 6 – Gold, Aneta Guzior, Savage, Minn./IGM Gymnastics, 38.350; silver, Leah Parton, West Des Moines, Iowa/Chow’s Gymnastics and Dance Institute, 37.925; bronze, Allena Shadan, Rancho Santa Margari, Calif./Azarian U.S. Gymnastics Training Center, 37.875
The remaining competition schedule for the Western Championships is as follows.
- May 5 – Session 4 – Juniors 7 and 8 at 9:35 a.m., Session 5 – Seniors 1 and 2 at 1:35 p.m., and Session 6 – Seniors 3 and 4 at 5:35 p.m.
- May 6 – Session 7 – Seniors 5 and 6 at 9:05 a.m., and Session 8 – Seniors 7 and 8 at 1:05 p.m.
Tickets are available onsite: training day (May 3), adults – $10, and children (4-12) and seniors (65+) – $5; one-day pass, adults – $25, children and seniors – $10. Children 4-and-under are free.
The Junior Olympic Eastern and Western Championships are two of USA Gymnastics’ championships events. Both championships feature the top seven gymnasts in the all-around in each age division from the respective regional championships and will have competition in 16 age divisions, which are determined by birth date.
The Western Championships, which showcases the top gymnasts from Regions 1-4, is hosted by Performance Plus Events, Visit Salt Lake, and the Utah Sports Commission. The states that comprise each region are: Region 1 — Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah; Region 2 – Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington; Region 3 – Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming; and Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin.