INDIANAPOLIS – Oklahoma’s Jamie Henderson leads the field of 18 athletes who qualified Saturday to complete the Men’s Senior field for the U.S. Championships, June 2-5 in Nashville, Tenn.
Henderson scored a 54.025 at the Men’s U.S. Championships Qualifier at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. to secure his place in Nashville. Henderson, who finished eighth in the NCAA Championships, finished fourth overall in the Qualifier behind Brett McClure, Alexander Artemev and Todd Thornton, who are pre-qualified based on their National Team appointments.
Men’s U.S. Championships Qualifiers (top 13 AA, not already qualified)
1. Jamie Henderson, Oklahoma, 54.025
2. Jonathan Horton, Cypress, 53.475
3. Justin Spring, Illinois, 52.775
4. Jason Furr, Chevron-Ohio State, 52.725
5. Michael Reavis, Iowa, 52.375
6. Joseph Hagerty, Gold Cup, 52.350
7t. Ron Ferris, Ohio State, 52.325
7t. Gerry Signorelli, Michigan, 52.325
9. Tony Pilyavsky, Colorado TC, 52.050
10. Kyson Bunthuwong, Golden Bear, 51.875
11. Wes Haagensen, St. Louis, 51.825
12t. Kevin Tan, Penn State, 51.800
12t. David Sender, Buffalo Grove, 51.800.
Additional Qualifiers: Geoffrey Corrigan, Michigan; Graham Ackerman, UC-Berkeley; Scott Vetere, Michigan; Brian Lee, Army; Nyika White, Temple; and Edward Umphrey, Michigan.