OKLAHOMA CITY – Five international gymnastics legends will be honored at the 15th annual International Gymnastics Hall of Fame Ceremony to be held on Saturday, May 14, 2011, at the Petroleum Club in Oklahoma City.
The Class of 2011 honorees includes:
- Alexander Tkatchev (RUS) – Winner of 12 World and Olympic medals from 1978-1981
- Lavinia Milosovici (ROM) – Winner of 19 World and Olympic medals from 1991-1996
- Leonid Arkayev (RUS) – Legendary coach of the Soviet and Russian Olympic teams from 1972-2004
- Steffi Kraeker (GER) – Winner of 10 World and Olympic medals between 1976 and 1981
- Michel Leglise (FRA) will be awarded the International Order of Merit for his contributions as the lead medical advisor for the International Gymnastics Federation for 30 years.
Over the past fourteen years, 73 of gymnastics greatest stars and contributors, representing 19 countries, have been formally inducted into the Hall of Fame.
The IGHOF exhibit is located at Science Museum Oklahoma in the Adventure District in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
“We are thrilled with the selection of the Class of 2011, and we are excited to celebrate the remarkable careers of these icons of our sport,” commented Bart Conner, the President of the Board of the IGHOF. “This year we will also pay tribute to our visionary and mentor, Frank Bare, the former Chairman of the Board, who passed away in February.”
For more information about the IGHOF, visit http://www.ighof.com.