ZIELONA GORA, Poland, Sept. 4, 2009 – The USA’s Steven Gluckstein of Atlantic Highlands, N.J., and Kalon Ludvigson of Pocatello, Idaho, advanced to the finals of the World Cup in Zielona Gora, Poland. Gluckstein is one of eight who will advance to the men’s trampoline finals, and Ludvigson qualified for the men’s tumbling finals, both of which are scheduled for Sept. 5.
Gluckstein was sixth in the preliminary rounds, after the adjustment for a maximum of two per country. Teammate Logan Dooley of Lake Forest, Calif., finished 15th. China’s Tu Xiao and Lu Chunlong took the top two spots in the prelim round. For the women, Alaina Williams of Huntsville, Ala., finished 15th in the women’s preliminaries, and Nani Vercruyssen of Honolulu ended up in 32nd place. Michael Devine of Winnebago, Ill., placed 20th in men’s trampoline.
In tumbling, Ludvigson was third in the prelims, behind Russia’s Evgeniy Zinukov and the Ukraine’s Viktor Kyfarenko.
The World Cup format features a preliminary round, with the top eight gymnasts advancing to the finals (a maximum of two individuals or one pair per country may advance in final).
Complete results can be found at GymnasticsResults.com.
Trampoline and Tumbing World Cup
Zielona Gora, Poland
Preliminary round results
1. Tu Xiao, China, 73.80
2. Lu Chunlong, 73.40
3. Yuri Nikitin, Ukraine, 72.20
6. Steven Gluckstein, USA/Atlantic Heights, N.J., 70.60
10. Logan Dooley, USA/Lake Forest, Calif., 69.70
1. Zhong Xingping, China, 69.20
2. Huang Shanshan, China, 68.60
3. Luba Golovina, Georgia, 67.40
15. Alaina Williams, USA/Amarillo, Texas, 63.50
32. Nani Vercruyssen, USA/Honolulu, 58.70
1. Evgeniy Zinukov, Russia, 73.50
2. Viktor Kyfarenko, Ukraine, 71.80
3. Kalon Ludvigson, USA/Pocatello, Idaho, 71.10
1. Emily Smith, Canada, 65.30
2. Olena Chabanenko, Ukraine, 65.20
3. Ashley Speed, Canada, 63.80