INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Aug. 21, 2009 – 2009 U.S. champions Steve Gluckstein of Atlantic Highlands, N.J., Nani Vercruyssen of Honolulu and Kalon Ludvigson of Pocatello, Idaho, are among the seven U.S. athletes who will represent the United States in the trampoline and tumbling World Cups in Ostend, Belgium, on Aug. 28-29 and Zielona Gora, Poland, on Sept. 4-5.
The complete U.S. squad for the two World Cup events is listed below.
- Steve Gluckstein, Atlantic Highlands, N.J./Ultra Twisters
- Logan Dooley of Lake Forest, Calif./World Elite Gymnastics
- Michael Devine of Winnebago, Ill./J & J Trampoline
- Austin White of Newport Coast, Calif./World Elite Gymnastics
- Nani Vercruyssen, Honolulu, Hawaii/Hawaii Academy
- Alaina Williams, Huntsville, Ala./Matrix
- Kalon Ludvigson, Pocatello, Idaho/Team Revolution
- Men, Gluckstein/Dooley
- Women, Williams/Vercruyssen
Additionally, Ludvigson, who has won the U.S. tumbling title four times, will represent the USA at the World Cup event in Salzgitter, Germany, Sept. 11-12.
The World Cup format features a preliminary round, with the top eight gymnasts or pairs advancing to the finals (a maximum of two individuals or one pair per country may advance in final).