HARTFORD, Conn., June 4, 2016 – Irina Alexeeva of Plano, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics, won the junior all-around title at the 2016 Secret U.S. Classic on June 4 at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn. Competition wraps up tonight with the seniors taking the floor at 7 p.m. Expected to compete in the senior session are three-time World all-around champion Simone Biles of Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre; two-time 2012 Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas of Virginia Beach, Va./Buckeye Gymnastics; and two-time 2012 Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman of Needham, Mass./Brestyan’s American Gymnastics.
- Top three finishes: Alexeeva posted a total of 57.550 to edge past Emma Malabuyo of Flower Mound, Texas/Texas Dreams Gymnastics, by 0.050. Gabby Perea of Geneva, Ill./Legacy Elite Gymnastics, rounded out the medals podium in third with 57.050.
- Event champions: vault, Jordan Chiles of Vancouver, Wash./Naydenov Gymnastics, 15.650; uneven bars, Perea, 14.750; balance beam, Alexeeva, 15.100; floor exercise, Morgan Hurd of Middletown, Del./First State Gymnastics, 14.250.
- Event scores
- Irina Alexeeva: 57.550, all-around; 13.850, vault; 14.450, uneven bars; 15.100, balance beam; 14.150, floor exercise.
- Emma Malabuyo: 57.500, all-around; 14.700, vault; 14.000, uneven bars; 14.800, balance beam; 14.000, floor exercise.
- Gabby Perea: 57.050, all-around; 13.750, vault; 14.750, uneven bars; 14.900, balance beam; 13.650, floor exercise.
- Jordan Chiles: 56.350, all-around (4th); 15.650, vault; 14.150, uneven bars; 13.050, balance beam; 13.500, floor exercise.
- Morgan Hurd: 56.300, all-around; 14.400, vault; 14.700, uneven bars; 12.950, balance beam; 14.250, floor exercise.
The Secret U.S. Classic, which has athletes competing on the junior and senior levels, serves as the last opportunity for female gymnasts to qualify for the P&G Women’s Championships in St. Louis (June 24 and 26), as well as a tune-up for many of the country’s top women leading into their national championships.
- NBC Sports Network. NBC Sports Network will broadcast tape-delayed coverage of the 2016 Secret U.S. Classic from 9:30-11:30 p.m. ET on June 5. The competition will be live webcast through NBC’s LiveExtra app and online at http://liveextra.nbcsports.com.
- NBC. NBC and NBC LiveExtra will air live coverage of the men’s finals of the P&G Gymnastics Championships from 2-4 p.m. ET.
Web video coverage
- NBC Sports Live Extra. NBC Sports will live stream the Secret Classic and the P&G Championships this weekend via NBC Sports Live Extra online at NBCSports.com/LiveExtra, or through the Live Extra app which is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV and Amazon Fire.
- USA Gymnastics on YouTube. USA Gymnastics will post coverage of the Secret Classic and P&G Championships, including every competition routine, after the conclusion of the event, as well as interviews from media day and post-competition, and clips from podium training.
- Website. The Secret U.S. Classic and P&G Championships are easier than ever to follow online. Schedules, general event information, start lists and more are available at Hartford2016.com, which is easily viewable on smart phones and other digital devices.
- Social Media. USA Gymnastics is providing live updates and exclusive content, including videos and photos, from the Secret U.S. Classic and P&G Championships on Facebook (facebook.com/USAGymnastics) and Twitter (@USAGym). Gymnastics fans can follow the action easily and join the conversation on Twitter by using the official hashtag, #Hartford2016.
- myusagym iOS app. Fans can follow the scores from the events in Hartford live using the myusagym app for iOS devices available in the iTunes store. Those without iOS devices, can follow the scores at myusagym.com with any mobile device or desktop computer.
XL Center. The XL Center (XLCenter.com), is a 16,000 seat multipurpose arena located in downtown Hartford, CT, and operated by Spectra Venue Management. The arena, home to the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL), University of Connecticut Men’s Ice Hockey, and Men’s & Women’s Basketball, was built in 1975 and underwent major renovations in 2014. The XL Center entertains millions of visitors annually with a variety of concerts, family shows, sports, consumer events and trade shows throughout the season.
Spectra. Spectra manages the XL Center, Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, and the Business Operations of the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL), as well as more than 130 other public assembly facilities around the world. Spectra by Comcast Spectacor is the expert in hosting and entertainment, partnering with over 300 clients at 400 global properties to create memorable experiences for millions of visitors every year. Spectra’s expertise is embodied within three divisions: Venue Management (formerly Global Spectrum), Food Services & Hospitality (formerly Ovations Food Services), and Ticketing & Fan Engagement (formerly Paciolan). Learn more at SpectraExperiences.com. Comcast Spectacor is part of Comcast Corporation, a Fortune 50 media and technology company that operates Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, in addition to Spectra, Comcast Spectacor owns and operates the National Hockey League’s Philadelphia Flyers and the Wells Fargo Center venue. Visit us at ComcastSpectacor.com, PhiladelphiaFlyers.com, and WellsFargoCenterPhilly.com for more information.