LEVALLOIS, France, July 4, 2014 – Seven U.S. teams qualified for the finals at the 2014 Acrobatic Gymnastics World Age Group Competition in Levallois, France. Finals are on Saturday, July 5. Team USA is also sending athletes to next week’s World Acrobatic Gymnastics Championships, which begin July 10.
The U.S. pairs/groups that are competing in the finals are listed below.
- Brianna Foster of San Antonio, Texas, and Joseph McGraw of Plano, Texas, Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, mixed pair – 12-18: 26.650 (dynamic) and 26.850 (balance), 53.500 (9th place).
- Collin Davis and Konstantine Partalas, both of San Antonio, Texas/Aerial Athletics, men’s pair – 12-18: 26.500 (balance) and 26.750 (dynamic), 53.250 (7th place).
- Alyssa Delgado, Gabriela Foster and Connie Kickirillo, all of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s group – 11-16: 27.250 (dynamic) and 27.550 (balance), 54.800 (8th place).
- Kathleen Davis and Katarina Partalas, both of San Antonio /Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s pair – 12-18: 27.250 (balance) and 27.550 (dynamic), 54.800 (7th place).
- Alexandria Alaman of Fontana, Calif., Diana Tatevossian of Riverside, and Donna Tatevossian of Riverside, Calif., Realis Gymnastics Academy, women’s group – 12-18: 26.900 (balance) and 27.250 (dynamic), 54.150 (11th place).
- Kailey Maurer of Colton, Calif., and Ciera Wilson of Riverside, Calif., Empire Acrogymnastics, women’s pair – 13-19: 25.800 (balance) and 27.000 (dynamic), 52.800 (8th place).
- Bryan Allen of San Jose, Calif., and Brennan Atsatt, Santa Cruz, Calif., Aerial Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics, men’s pair – 13-19: 27.300 (balance) and 28.050 (dynamic), 55.350 (third place).
Two groups finished in the first reserve spot for the finals.
- Cameron Jones of Potomac, Md., and Sara Mercer of Rockville, Md., Xtreme Acro and Cheer, women’s pair – 11-16: 27.250 (balance) and 27.200 (dynamic), 54.450 (13th place), first reserve
- Aisley Boynton and Maxim Sedochenkov, both of Riverside, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy, mixed pair – 11-16: 26.550 (dynamic) and 26.500 (balance), 53.050 (12th place), first reserve
Below is a summary of the athletes who also competed in the qualifications.
- Sophia Handel and Emma Kissel, both of Annapolis, Md./1st Class Gymnastics Inc., women’s pair – 11-16: 27.100 (balance) and 27.100 (dynamic), 54.200 (15th place).
- Sophie Gruszka of San Ramon, Calif., Morgan Sweeney of Danville, Calif., and Amanda Waterson of San Ramon, West Coast Training Center, women’s group, 11-16: 26.500 (dynamic) and 27.400 (balance), 53.900 (14th place).
- Madeline Bones and Samantha Servellon, both of San Jose/Aerial Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics, women’s pair – 12-18: 27.100 (balance) and 26.800 (dynamic), 53.900 (11th place)
- Nicole Chin of Danville, Calif., Sydney Wu, Castro Valley, Calif., and Nicole Yamamoto of Pleasanton, Calif., West Coast Training Center, women’s group – 12-18 26.950 (balance) and 26.700 (dynamic), 53.650 (15th place)
- Maren Merwarth and Jessica Renteria, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s pair – 13-19: 27.000 (balance) and 23.860 (dynamic), 50.860 (11th place).
- Kaitlyn Kennedy of San Jose, Calif., Shannon Kennedy of San Jose, and Kendall Tarvin of Morgan Hill, Calif., Aerial Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics, women’s group – 13-19: 26.170 (dynamic) and 25.100 (balance), 51.270 (17th place).
- Leslie Munoz of Homeland, Calif., Katelyn Recktenwald, Riverside, Calif., and Tiffani Williams of Moreno Valley, Calif., Realis Gymnastics Academy, women’s group – 13-19: 25.610 (dynamic) and 25.340 (balance), 50.950 (19th place).