McKayla MaroneyBirthdate: 12/9/1995
Program: Women's Artistic
Current Residence: Long Beach, CA
Club: All Olympia AOGC
Head Coach: Arthur Akopyan
Other Coaches: Galina Marinova
- 2013 World Championships vault gold medalist
- 2013 U.S. vault and floor exercise gold medalist
- 2012 Olympic team gold medalist and vault silver medalist
- 2011 World Championships team and vault gold medalist
About McKayla MaroneyHometown: Long Beach, CA
Year in School: Senior
Name of High School: Homeschooled
High School Graduation Year: 2014
Year you began gymnastics: 1997
Favorite Event: Probably floor because it's the only event that you can really express yourself.
How did you get involved in gymnastics: My mom put me in gymnastics because i had so much energy and i was always running around, so she thought gymnastics might take away some of the insane amounts of energy.
Favorite thing about gymnastics: The feeling when you have worked so hard for something then finally getting the skill, or achieving the long time goal.
What are your goals for gymnastics?: I would love to compete for USA at Worlds and the Olympics.
Names of parents/guardians/spouse: Mike and Erin
Names of sibling(s): Tarynn and Kav
Family members in sports: My family is very athletic in to all different sports. Dad was quarterback for Purdue
Interests Outside the GymFavorite school subject: English
Hobbies or favorite activities: Go to movies and the beach, hang out at the pool, shopping.
Favorite music: Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Drake, Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift, Chris Brown, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and Beyonce.
Favorite book(s): Audrey Wait, Tucks Everlasting, Hunger Game series, Uglies series, Percy Jackson series, The Last Song, A Dogs Life, The mysterious Benedict Society,
Favorite movie(s): Yes Man, Last Song, Transformers, Pirates, Shutter Island, The Gaurdian, Elf, Avatar, and Inception.
Favorite TV show(s): Keeping up with the Kardashians, Jerseylicious, E! News, Pretty Little Liars, and Make it or Break it.
Favorite Food: Sushi, strawberries, mangos
Other sports involvement: I used to do soccer, ice skating and tennis.
National Competition Results
- 2013 P&G Championships, Hartford, Conn. - 1st-VT, FX
- 2013 Secret U.S. Classic, Chicago, Ill. - 1st-VT; 3rd-FX
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, San Jose, Calif. - 1st-VT; 5th-FX; 7th-AA
- 2012 Visa Championships, St. Louis, Mo. -
- 2012 Secret U.S. Classic, Chicago, Ill. - 1st-VT
- 2011 Visa Championships, Saint Paul, Minn. - 1st-VT; 2nd-AA; 5th-FX; 7th-BB
- 2011 CoverGirl Classic, Chicago, Ill. - 5th-FX; 6th-BB
- 2010 Visa Championships, Hartford, Conn. - 1st-VT; 3rd-AA; 4th-FX(T); 7th-BB (Jr. Div.)
- 2010 CoverGirl Classic, Chicago, Ill. - 2nd-VT(T); 5th-FX; 7th-AA (Jr. Div.)
- 2009 Visa Championships, Dallas, Texas - 3rd-VT (Jr. Div.)
International Competition Results
- 2013 World Championships, Antwerp, Belgium - 1st-VT
- 2012 Olympic Games, London, England - 1st-Team; 2nd-VT
- 2012 City of Jesolo Trophy, Jesolo, Italy - 1st-Team, VT; 4th-AA; 6th-FX
- 2011 World Championships, Tokyo, Japan - 1st-Team, VT
- 2011 City of Jesolo Trophy, Jesolo, Italy - 1st-Team, AA, VT; 4th-FX; 5th-UB, BB(T)
- 2010 Pan American Championships, Guadalajara, Mexico - 1st-Team, VT, FX
Videos of McKayla Maroney
- Women: AA = All Around | VT = Vault | UB = Uneven Bars | BB = Balance Beam | FX = Floor Exercise | (T) = Tie
- Men: AA = All Around | FX = Floor Exercise | PH = Pommel Horse | SR = Still Rings | VT = Vault | PB = Parallel Bars | HB = Horizontal Bars | (T) = Tie
- Rhythmic: AA = All Around | RP = Rope | HP = Hoop | BA = Ball | CL = Clubs | RB = Ribbon | (T) = Tie
- Acro: DY = Dynamic | BL = Balance | AA = All Around
- T&T: TR = Trampoline | TU = Tumbling | DM = Double Mini | SY = Synchronized Trampoline