To the USA Gymnastics membership:
Yesterday’s news from the United States Olympic Committee is both unsettling and upsetting, especially for athletes, coaches, and club owners. We know you have questions and concerns about what this means for you, your athletes, your gym, your invitationals, and your club members.
Although we don’t yet have answers to all of the questions, here’s what we do know:
- USA Gymnastics is, and will continue, providing services and opportunities for our members.
- All sanctions, member benefits, policies and services are still in place.
- Existing event sanctions are still valid and new ones are being issued. The thousands of young gymnasts who are entered in invitationals this weekend, and in the coming weeks and months, will still have the opportunity to compete.
- All athlete and professional memberships and educational, judging and background check certifications are still valid, and member requirements and benefits in place.
- Member club memberships are still valid.
- Educational courses and programs are available online and as scheduled.
- Individual and club memberships are being processed and open to interested individuals and clubs.
- Each discipline will continue to plan and host its events and championships.
USA Gymnastics and its staff continue to be here to assist and serve you, our members. We will continue to carry on the day-to-day operations and business of the organization. Our commitment to the gymnastics community and this sport is unwavering.
To be clear, USA Gymnastics remains the recognized national governing body, including by the International Gymnastics Federation, unless or until the USOC process is concluded and a decision is made whether or not a change is necessary. We have athletes competing at the World Trampoline and Tumbling Championships this week, trampoline and tumbling’s World Age Group Competition next week, and the World Cup in Cottbus, Germany, later this month.
We will keep you informed as we learn more information and details going forward. Please send us any questions you may have, and we will respond to those we can and work on getting answers for the rest.
USA Gymnastics is the sum of all of its parts. Along with athletes, we are comprised of thousands of coaches, gym clubs and professional members who work every day to help athletes follow their dreams, whether it is learning to do a handstand or competing. The safety and interests of our athletes remain at the heart of our mission.
While the athletes are the heart and soul, and our coaches, judges, administrators, meet directors and gym clubs the backbone of our organization and sport, the grassroots level is the bedrock and foundation for gymnastics. We are here for you and committed to serving our members.