SANTIAGO, Chile (October 25, 2023) – The U.S. collected four more medals to close out artistic competition Wednesday night at the Pan Am Games. Claiming apparatus gold for America were Kaliya Lincoln (Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics) and Curran Phillips (Naperville, Ill./EVO Gymnastics), while Kayla DiCello (Boyds, Md./Hill’s Gymnastics) and Colt Walker (Cedar Park, Texas/Stanford University) took silver on the final day of individual event competition. All told, the United States won 12 medals in artistic competition: seven by the women and five by the men.
Securing the first gold of the evening was Phillips, who upgraded his parallel bars silver medal from the Xfinity U.S, Gymnastics Championships to gold in Santiago, posting a huge score of 15.400 for Pan Am gold. Walker earned silver with a 14.366, followed by Mexico’s Isaac Nunez, who took bronze with a 13.833.
Next up on the medal stand was Lincoln, who won the women’s floor exercise with a score of 14.233. The all-around gold medalist, DiCello claimed her third medal of the competition on floor with a 13.733, tying with Brazil’s Flavia Saraiva for silver.
DiCello and Lincoln also competed on balance beam, where DiCello placed fourth with a 13.800 and Lincoln was sixth with a 13.166. In Wednesday’s last final, Cameron Bock (Tustin, Calif./University of Michigan) and Walker landed fourth and fifth on horizontal bar with scores of 13.766 and 13.666, respectively.
Complete results from Santiago are available here. For a complete history of USA Gymnastics at the Pan American Games, see the resources below:
2023 Pan American Games gymnastics competition continues with rhythmic and trampoline competition November 1-4.
Women’s medals: 7
Men’s medals: 5
- Women’s team (Chiles, DiCello, Lincoln, Miller, Sumanasekera)
- Men’s team (Bock, Nedoroscik, Phillips, Walker, Whittenburg)
- Kayla DiCello, women’s all-around (54.699)
- Zoe Miller, uneven bars (14.666)
- Donnell Whittenburg, still rings (14.200)
- Kaliya Lincoln, floor exercise (14.233)
- Curran Phillips, parallel bars (15.400)
- Jordan Chiles, women’s vault (14.150; 14.400, 13.900)
- Kayla DiCello, floor exercise (13.733)
- Colt Walker, parallel bars (14.366)
- Jordan Chiles, women’s all-around (53.999)
- Donnell Whittenburg, men’s all-around (81.764)
Men’s Parallel Bars Medalists
Women’s Floor Exercise Medalists
Curran Phillips and Colt Walker
Kaliya Lincoln and Kayla DicCello