CHARLEROI, Belgium, Nov. 29, 2008 – Jordyn Wieber of Dewitt, Mich., won the all-around title with a total score of 59.800 at the 2008 Top Gym competition, in Charleroi, Belgium. Kamerin Moore of Bloomfield, Mich., finished third in the all-around with 55.150. Both train at Gedderts’ Twistars USA.
Wieber posted the high score on three events outright and tied for the top score on the floor exercise. Her scores in the all-around competition were: 15.000, vault; 15.250, uneven bars; 15.000, balance beam; and 14.550, floor exercise. Moore’s 14.950 was the second highest on vault and her 14.350 was third highest on beam at in the all-around.
In addition to the United States, the other participating countries were Belgium, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Romania, Slovenia, and Sweden. The junior division competition was held at Parc des Sports.
Nov. 29, 2008
1. Jordyn Wieber, Dewitt, Mich., 59.800
2. Yvette Moshage, Netherlands, 55.900
3. Kamerin Moore, Bloomfield, Mich., 55.150
4. Larisa Iordache, Romania, 54.100
5. Eline Vandersteen, Belgium, 52.000
6. Jocelyn Kraan, Netherlands, 51.200
7. Sofiana Makantasi, Greece, 50.350
8. Marieke Herteleer, Belgium, 48.850
Complete scores for USA gymnastsM
|Vault||Uneven bars||Balance beam||Floor exercise||Total|