ODENSE, Denmark, Dec. 6, 2015 – Alyssa Oh of Rocklin, Calif./Technique Gymnastics, won the silver medal in 13-14 double mini and the 15-16 synchro team of Jessica Stevens (Elliott City, Md./Fairland Gymnastics) and Courtney Walsh (Red Bank, N.J./Elite Trampoline Academy) won the bronze medal as competition came to a close today at the 2015 Trampoline and Tumbling World Age Group Competition, held at Sparekassen Fyn Arena in Odense, Denmark.
Oh finished second on the double mini in the 13-14 year old division, scoring at 67.800, just a tenth of a point behind gold medal winner Aleksandra Bonartseva of Russia. Spain’s Melanie Rodriguez scored a 67.700 for the bronze.
Stevens and Walsh, who qualified for the synchro finals in seventh position, scored a 43.400 to win the bronze medal. Japan’s Hikaru Mori and Yumi Takagi won the gold with a 46.700 while Meri Golota and Iana Lebedeva of Russia scored 46.200 and took home the silver.
The U.S. closed out the competition having advanced 34 athletes to 20 finals competitions and winning seven medals.
- Kiley Lockett – gold – 13-14 tumbling
- Ellen Heinen – silver – 13-14 trampoline
- Tristan Ackerson/Logan Gilbert – silver – 13-14 synchro
- Alyssa Oh – silver – 13-14 double mini
- Kaden Brown – bronze – 13-14 tumbling
- Eve Doudican – bronze – 13-14 tumbling
- Jessica Stevens/Courtney Walsh – bronze – 15-16 synchro