INDIANAPOLIS, June 8, 2021 – USA Gymnastics today announced the full U.S. Men’s Junior and Senior National Team rosters. The teams were renamed following the conclusion of the 2021 U.S. Gymnastics Championships. In addition to the athletes who were automatically selected to the Men’s Junior and Senior National Teams based on their performances at the event, the gymnasts who represented the U.S. at the 2021 Senior Pan American Championships June 4-6 in Brazil also automatically qualified to this year’s National Team. The Men’s Program Committee named an additional five junior gymnasts and three seniors to these teams based on the results of last weekend’s U.S. Championships and petitions submitted by athletes.
The current members of the U.S. Men’s Junior and Senior National Teams are listed below alphabetically by division. All Senior National Team members are eligible to compete at the U.S. Olympic Trials June 24-27 in St. Louis.
Men’s Senior National Team
- Cameron Bock, Ann Arbor, Mich./University of Michigan
- Allan Bower, Chandler, Ariz./University of Oklahoma
- Brandon Briones, Gilbert, Ariz./Stanford University
- Alex Diab, Glen Ellyn, Ill./University of Illinois
- Gage Dyer, Yukon, Okla./University of Oklahoma
- Vitaliy Guimaraes, Norman, Okla./University of Oklahoma
- Ian Gunther, Houston, Texas/Stanford University
- Paul Juda, Deerfield, Ill./University of Michigan
- Riley Loos, El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University
- Brody Malone, Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University
- Sam Mikulak, Newport Coast, Calif./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Akash Modi, Morganville, N.J./Stanford University
- Yul Moldauer, Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
- Stephen Nedoroscik, Worcester, Mass./Penn State University
- Robert Neff, Brookfield, Wis./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center*
- Eddie Penev, Penfield, N.Y./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Matt Wenske, Houston, Texas/University of Oklahoma*
- Donnell Whittenburg, New Berlin, Wis./Salto Gymnastics
- Shane Wiskus, Spring Park, Minn./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Alec Yoder, Indianapolis, Ind./Ohio State University*
Men’s Junior National Team
- Landen Blixt, Fowlerville, Mich./Infinity Gymnastics Academy*
- Caden Clinton, Cypress, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics*
- Asher Hong, Tomball, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics*
- Xander Hong, Tomball, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Toby Liang, Roswell, Ga./Roswell Gymnastics
- Caleb Melton, Woodbridge, Va./Apollo Gymnastics
- Toma Murakawa, Van Nuys, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica USA*
- Alexandru Nitache, Knoxville, Tenn./GymTek Academy
- Cole Partridge, Bountiful, Utah/USA Gymnastics World
- Vahe Petrosyan, Van Nuys, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica USA
- Fred Richard, Stoughton, Mass./Massachusetts Elite Gymnastics Academy
- David Shamah, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics*
- Kai Uemura, Chicago, Ill./Lakeshore Academy of Art Gymnastics
- Ignacio Yockers, Tulsa, Okla./Pride Gymnastics Academy
*Individuals named to the team by the Men’s Program Committee
The committee also introduced a Senior Development Team comprised of 18-20-year-old gymnasts. Members were selected from the junior or senior division based on rank order of D score, and while they are not official members of the Men’s Senior National Team, these athletes will be invited to attend Men’s National Team camps throughout the year.
Athletes named to the inaugural Senior Development Team are listed below.
- Taylor Burkhart, Morrison, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
- Dallas Hale, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
- Joseph Pepe, Peoria, Ariz./North Valley Gymnastics
- Colt Walker, Cedar Park, Texas/Stanford University
- Khoi Young, Bowie, Md./Sportsplex Gymnastics
Voting members of the Men’s Program Committee include a chairperson, two elected senior coach representatives, two elected junior coach representatives, and two athlete representatives elected by USA Gymnastics’ Athletes’ Council. Non-voting participants include a National Gymnastics Judges Association representative, the Men’s Development Program Committee chairperson, and USA Gymnastics’ vice president of the men’s program, high performance director, men’s development program coordinator and men’s development program assistant.
The selection process was overseen by an independent observer. After the Men’s Program Committee met to determine the composition of the National Team, minutes from that meeting were submitted to the independent observer who also issued a report. These documents are publicly available on USA Gymnastics’ website.