INDIANAPOLIS, May 3, 2021 – Last week, U.S. Men’s National Team members and other invited athletes gathered at The Gymnastics Company in Indianapolis for the first in-person training camp since March 2020. The camp, which took place April 28-May 1, served to help prepare attendees for the U.S. Championships and Senior Pan American Championships in early June and marked the first time that a Men’s National Team event has been held at the training facility.
Outside of the gym, attending athletes took part in topical team meetings, which were focused on items such as the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games and 2021 World Championships, mental health support and mindfulness, and brand-building tips for athletes. They were also able to connect with the current athlete representative to the Men’s Program Committee who was onsite throughout camp.
The following athletes were in attendance.
- Cameron Bock, Ann Arbor, Mich./University of Michigan
- Allan Bower, Norman, Okla./University of Oklahoma
- Adrian De Los Angeles, Colorado Spring, Colo./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Alex Diab, Glen Ellyn, Ill./University of Illinois
- Isaiah Drake, Los Angeles, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica USA
- Vitaliy Guimaraes, Norman, Okla./University of Oklahoma
- Trevor Howard, Columbus, Ohio/Ohio State University
- Paul Juda, Deerfield, Ill./University of Michigan
- Riley Loos, El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University
- Brody Malone, Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University
- Sam Mikulak, Newport Coast, Calif./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Akash Modi, Morganville, N.J./Stanford University
- Yul Moldauer, Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
- Stephen Nedoroscik, Worcester, Mass./Penn State University
- Eddie Penev, Penfield, N.Y./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Genki Suzuki, Norman, Okla./University of Oklahoma
- Colin Van Wicklen, Spring, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Matt Wenske, Houston, Texas/University of Oklahoma
- Donnell Whittenburg, New Berlin, Wis./Salto Gymnastics Center
- Shane Wiskus, Minneapolis, Minn./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Alec Yoder, Columbus, Ohio/Ohio State University