At USA Gymnastics, our mission is to build a community and culture of health, safety, and excellence, where athletes can thrive in sport and in life. We are focused on creating an athlete-centric organization and are guided by our new organizational values: Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Transparency, and Listening. As part of making safety our highest value, it is part of everyone’s role in the organization to prioritize the protection of members from harm.
The Trampoline and Tumbling Program Director is responsible for overseeing the administration of all aspects of Trampoline and Tumbling. This individual is responsible for managing the Trampoline and Tumbling staff (both office staff and national team staff) for smooth operations and excellent execution of their strategic plan, budget and annual objectives. This position will lead USA Gymnastics efforts in the promotion of a safe, healthy training environment for all participants, and will promote compliance with and enforcement of applicable USA Gymnastics rules, polices, and safe sport provisions in the trampoline and tumbling community.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership, vision and oversight of the Trampoline and Tumbling Program, including the High Performance Plan, athlete development pipeline activities, and National Team.
- Establish annual strategic plan and budget for the Program.
- Maintain oversight and direction of Program Staff, including National Team Staff.
- Work closely with National Staff and relevant committees to maximize international competitive opportunities.
- Establish a strong supportive relationship between USA Gymnastics, administration, national team coaches and other personnel.
- Act as program liaison with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship in areas such as Selection Procedures, resource allocation, etc.
- Develop with the Selection Committee and implement selection procedures for major international competitions (World Championships, Pan Am Games, Olympic Games).
- Review and monitor the support programs for athletes, coaches and clubs.
- Ensure anti-doping compliance with the appropriate domestic and international regulatory bodies.
- Facilitate the organization of training camps and other domestic activities.
- Assist with the oversight and organization of domestic events.
- Support Team USA delegations for international assignments.
- Oversee all grassroots activities within Trampoline and Tumbling Program, including the T&T Development Program and Athlete Development pipeline.
- Oversee all aspects of USA Gymnastics’ Trampoline and Tumbling judging program both domestically and internationally.
- Maintain primary link to all Trampoline and Tumbling Program committees and other administrative matters.
- Oversee update of Rules & Policies, committee charters, and other institutional program documents and insure they comply with USA Gymnastics policies.
- Develop materials for USA Gymnastics University and presentations for Congress to benefit the gymnastics community and growth of the sport.
- Assist with visa support letters and other international affairs for the program as requested.
- Work with the national staff and committees to put together the events calendar each year.
- Act as the liaison for USA Gymnastics Trampoline and Tumbling program with the FIG.
- Facilitate frequent communication with the Trampoline and Tumbling community.
- All other duties as assigned including but not limited to – ordering apparel, registering athletes for competitions, ensuring FIG licenses are current, organizing delegations to events, managing national team, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution, plus 3-5 years of managerial experience in a position working with groups, committees, and/or leading a team
- Experience and working knowledge of Trampoline and Tumbling
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven strong staff leadership and project management skills
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in committee and project team decision-making processes
- Must be highly organized and efficient to meet deadlines
- The ability to produce and adhere to budget specifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong intuitive and reasoning skills
- Must be able to travel both nationally and internationally
- This position often requires work in the evenings and over the weekend
- Domestic and international travel is expected and required
- Position is based in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, send cover letter referencing this position and a detailed resume to: [email protected]
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
USA Gymnastics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer