At USA Gymnastics, our mission is to build a community and culture of health, safety, and excellence, where athletes can thrive in sport and in life. We are an athlete-centric organization and are guided by our organizational values: Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Transparency, and Listening. As part of making safety our highest value, it is part of everyone’s role in the organization to prioritize the protection of members.
The human resource manager is directly responsible for onboarding, compensation, benefits, culture development, performance management and hiring. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and administer recruiting, hiring and on-boarding processes for the organization.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; update and maintain the employee handbook.
- Perform benefits administration and payroll.
- Work with benefits company to complete 5500 tax return.
- Conduct an annual review of organization compensation, benefits, and bonus plan.
- Implement communications plan to ensure timely and accurate communications with all employees regarding benefit plans, updates to personnel, and other HR related matters.
- Provide compensation and organizational structure philosophy recommendations to management.
- Oversee the performance review program.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports, including organizational charts and employee directory.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Lead diversity, equity and inclusion development and activities including leading the DEI Staff working group.
- Create and implement employee engagement initiatives driving overall culture and improving employee retention.
- Manage human resources budget to plan; support annual budgeting process by providing timely and accurate information and budgetary requirements for the human resource function.
- Develop and implement professional development paths for all Staff members.
- Lead the organization in the continual development of a culture of safety, accountability, teamwork, ethics, and the commitment to servicing stakeholders, including athletes, membership, and our communities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Requirements and Competencies
- Strong HR generalist with payroll and benefit administration experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Cultivate positive relationships and drive employee engagement while demonstrating authenticity and a high emotional intelligence quotient.
- Cultural and global awareness
- Ability to pro-actively problem solve.
- Accountable and willing to make decisions.
- Ability to maintain a positive “can do” attitude under stress.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all functional units and levels of an organization.
- Experience being the sole HR leader or having enough generalist and combined leadership experience that indicates readiness to lead HR overall.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resource management or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience, including demonstrated generalist experience in compensation, benefits, and human resources administration
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Position is based in Indianapolis, Indiana – currently hybrid work environment.
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Weekend work and some travel will be required.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
To apply, send resume to: [email protected]. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
USA Gymnastics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer