At USA Gymnastics (USAG), our mission is to build a community and culture of health, safety, and excellence, where athletes can thrive in sport and in life. We are focused on creating an athlete-centric organization and are guided by our new organizational values: Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Transparency, and Listening. As part of making safety our highest value, it is part of everyone’s role in the organization to prioritize the protection of members, particularly minor athletes, from harm.
EVENT OPERATIONS INTERN POSITION OVERVIEW:
USA Gymnastics is seeking well-rounded students looking to excel in the sports industry. Our Event Operations interns have an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience working alongside the Events Team including the Director of Event Operations, Production Manager, and Event Manager. Areas of concentration include:
- Assist with event planning, operations and production
- Participate in meetings and travel to and work at a number of our high-profile events
- Vendor research, outreach and database maintenance
- Equipment inventory and storage maintenance
- On-site event support for live events to include set-up and teardown and registration
- Support the Event Coordinator with awards and apparel, along with preparing all event supplies for each event
- Assist in coordinating all aspects of in-venue hospitality
- Other duties as assigned
- 2024 Development Nationals: May 6-13, Daytona Beach, FL
- 2024 US Classic: May 14-19, Hartford, CT
- 2024 US Championships: May 26-June 2, Fort Worth, TX
- 2024 USA Gymnastics Championship: June 19-26, Minneapolis, MN
- 2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials: June 27-July 1, Minneapolis, MN
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sports’ experience preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Willingness to travel to all events listed above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment
- Must successfully complete a background check, and SafeSport course certification
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year college/university or graduate program or recently graduated from a four-year accredited college/university. Can receive academic credit for the internship but not required.
- Applicant must be available for a minimum of 35 hours per week; during event dates; work long days including some weekends and evenings.
- Lift up to 45 pounds repeatedly, work outdoors and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work as part of a team and tackle problems effectively and independently in a fastpaced environment
- Ability to pro-actively problem solve
- Ability to maintain a positive “can do” attitude under stress
- Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends/holidays
- Ability to multi-task; take initiative; be deadline-oriented; maintain confidentiality and work both as part of a team and independently
- Experience with gymnastics preferred
It is preferred that the applicant is eligible to receive college credit. Weekend work and extensive travel will be required.
May 1 – July 3, 2024
To apply, send cover letter referencing this position and a detailed resume to: [email protected]
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
USA Gymnastics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer