At USA Gymnastics, our mission is to build a community and culture of health, safety, and excellence, where athletes can thrive in sport and in life. We are focused on creating an athlete-centric organization and are guided by our new organizational values: Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Transparency, and Listening. As part of making safety our highest value, it is part of everyone’s role in the organization to prioritize the protection of members, particularly minor athletes, from harm.
The Trampoline and Tumbling Program Director (or designee) is responsible for overseeing the National Team development and high performance strategy for the Double Mini Trampoline discipline.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for:
- In conjunction with the Program Director, complete annual and quadrennial plans and goals, including developing the event calendar.
- Attend an annual planning meeting with all T&T national team coordinators, program staff, and the Program Committee, covering annual event and camp schedules, staffing, and objectives.
- Attend monthly planning conference calls with all T&T national team coordinators and program staff, covering upcoming events, athlete tracking, communication, and objectives.
- Work with the Technical Coordinator to produce ongoing education resources as needed.
- Engage in monthly communication to national team athletes and coaches on training progress and goals.
- Identify and work with Development coaches to help them advance their athletes to the Elite level.
- Work with the Program Director on integration and utilization of sports science resources.
- Provide input into planning for camps and international events, when required.
- Work with the Program Director and Selection Committee on international event athlete assignments.
- Attend meetings and provide information and recommendations to the Selection Committee as requested for international event athlete and coach selection.
- Act as the Head Coach at international assignments such as:
- World Cups (if selected)
- World Championships (if selected)
- Act as the Head Coach at USA Gymnastics-organized camps such as:
- National Team training camps
- Elite Development/JumpStart camp
- World Championships preparation camp (if selected)
- Provide guidance and assistance as needed to the selected Head Coach at international assignments such as:
- World Cup Friendlies
- World Age Group Competitions
- Provide guidance and assistance as needed to the selected Head Coach at USA Gymnastics-organized camps such as:
- World Age Group Competitions preparation camp
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of Trampoline and Tumbling
- Expertise in Coaching Double Mini Trampoline
The successful candidate should have:
- Proven track record in coaching double mini athletes on the national and international stage
- Proven leadership
- Ability to make decisions and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Must be able to travel both nationally and internationally
- This position is part-time, contracted role
- Domestic and international travel is expected and required
To apply, send cover letter referencing this position and a detailed resume to: [email protected].
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
USA Gymnastics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer