- Final results: World Cup | International Acro Cup
- Photo Galleries
RZESZOW, Poland, Oct. 9, 2016 – U.S. athletes won 10 medals (five gold, three silver and two bronze) over the weekend at the 2016 Poland World Cup and International Acro Cup in Rzeszow, Poland. Maren Merwarth and Jessica Renteria both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, clinched the women’s pair title at the Poland World Cup competition. Team USA also won four gold medals at the International Acro Cup: senior mixed pair – Aisley Boynton and Maxim Sedochenkoff, both of Riverside, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy; senior women’s group – Emma Bentov-Lagman of Annapolis, Md., Cristin Connerney of Annapolis and Lilianna Dyer of Arnold, Md./1st Class Gymnastics; junior women’s pair – Samantha Conway and Lally Seither, both of New Orleans, La./Crescent City Gymnastics; and 11-16 women’s pair – Nicole Powell of Bethesda, Md., and Taylor Royes-Fletcher of Potomac, Md., both of Xtreme Acro.
In the senior women’s pair final at the Poland World Cup, Merwarth and Renteria scored a 27.190, giving them first place and the gold medal.
Boynton and Sedochenkoff posted a 27.430 for first place in the senior mixed pair final at the International Acro Cup. The Americans picked up another gold medal in the senior women’s group final when Bentov-Lagman, Connerney, and Dyer scored 26.580 to clinch the title. Conway and Seither added a gold medal, taking first in the junior women’s pair final at 27.500, and Powell and Royes-Fletcher earned the 11-16 women’s pair crown with a score of 27.250.
Additional medalists from the International Acro Cup are listed below.
- Elanor Chang of Columbia, Md., Calista Davis of Ijamsville, Md., and Madison Freed of Mt. Airy, Md., all of Emilia’s Acro Gymnastics and Cheer, women’s group Â¬Â¬– junior, 27.300, second place
- Jarrett Darrah and Emma Fitzgerald, both of Placerville, Calif./Nor Cal Acro, mixed pair – junior, 27.300, second place
- Aidan Merwarth and Devon Merwarth, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, mixed pair – 11-16, 27.550, second place
- Hannah Alonzo of San Antonio, Texas, and Jordan Liberto of Boerne, Texas, both of Boerne Gymnastics Center, women’s pair – 11-16, 26.750, third place
- Isabel Chang and Cade Shields, both of Columbia Md./Emilia’s Acro Gymnastics, mixed pair – 11-16, 27.000, third place