WINNIPEG, Can.- U.S. Rhythmic National Champion Jessica Howard of Jacksonville, Fla., lost the individual all-around gold medal to Canada’s Emilie Livingston by just one-thousandth of a point in the finals competition which took place today, August 8, at the Investors Group Arena.
Kate Jeffress of Rockville, Md., ranked second on the U.S. National Team, placed fifth after completing four strong routines. Jeffress scored 37.814.
“We are not necessarily disappointed with our routines today, but we are upset with how the finals turned out,” said group member Lisa Welshinger
- Emilie Livingston, CAN, 38.265
- Jessica Howard, Jacksonville, Fla., 38.264
- Yordania Corrales, CUB, 38.256
- Erika Stirton, CAN, 38.147
- Katherine Jeffress, Rockville, Md., 37.814
- Aicela Rosado Martinez, MEX, 37.497
- Anahi Sosa, ARG, 37.482
- Rosana Marinoff, ARG, 37.381
- Brazil, 38.431
- Cuba, 37.732
- Canada, 37.532
- United States, 37.033 – (group members include: Katherine Betts, Syracuse, N.Y.; Stefanie Croyle, Boston, Mass.; Erin Jeffress, Rockville, Md.; Johanna Shoemaker, Minneapolis, Minn.; Lisa Welshinger, Bryan, Texas)