INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., March 1, 2022 – Following the conclusion of the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN, USA Gymnastics’ men’s program Tuesday shared the full list of athletes comprising the Senior National Team and Senior Development Team through this year’s U.S. Gymnastics Championships, which will be held August 18-21 in Tampa, Fla.
Five gymnasts automatically qualified to the Senior National Team Friday based on their all-around performances on the first night of Winter Cup competition. As 2021 World medalists, Brody Malone (Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University) and Stephen Nedoroscik (Worcester, Mass./Penn State University) also secured automatic selection. The remaining individuals were named to the team by the Men’s Program Committee who considered results from last weekend’s competition in addition to submitted petitions. The Men’s Program Committee is made up of elected representatives from the men’s gymnastics community.
Members of the current U.S. National Team are listed alphabetically below.
- Cameron Bock, Tustin, Calif./University of Michigan
- Alex Diab, Glen Ellyn, Ill./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Vitaliy Guimaraes, Arvada, Colo./University of Oklahoma*
- Asher Hong, Tomball, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics*
- Paul Juda, Deerfield, Ill./University of Michigan
- Ian Lasic-Ellis, Dover, Mass./Stanford University
- Riley Loos, El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University
- Brody Malone, Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University**
- Yul Moldauer, Wellington, Colo./5280 Gymnastics*
- Stephen Nedoroscik, Worcester, Mass./Penn State University**
- Curran Phillips, Naperville, Ill./Stanford University
- Colt Walker, Cedar Park, Texas/Stanford University*
- Shane Wiskus, Spring Park, Minn./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center
- Alec Yoder, Indianapolis, Ind./Ohio State University
- Khoi Young, Bowie, Md./Stanford University*
*Indicates gymnasts automatically named to the team following Friday’s Winter Cup all-around competition
**Indicates 2021 World medalists
Members of the Senior Development Team are also listed alphabetically.
- Jeremy Bischoff, Canyon Country, Calif./Stanford University
- Taylor Burkhart, Morrison, Colo./Stanford Boys Gymnastics
- Dallas Hale, Frisco, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics
- Joey Pepe, Peoria, Ariz./University of Nebraska
- Frederick Richard, Stoughton, Mass./Massachusetts Elite Gymnastics Academy
The selection process was overseen by an independent observer. After the Men’s Program Committee met to determine the composition of the National Team, minutes from that meeting were submitted to the independent observer who also issued a report. Both documents will be publicly available on USA Gymnastics’ website later this week.