RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 5, 2016 – The line-up for the U.S. men for the qualification round at the 2016 Olympic Games has been submitted. The men compete in the second of three subdivisions on Saturday, Aug. 6, at 2:30 p.m., held at the Rio Olympic Arena. The teams and individual gymnasts who will advance to the final rounds will be determined at the conclusion of the final subdivision.
The members of the U.S. men’s team are: Chris Brooks of Houston, Texas/Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); Jacob Dalton of Sparks, Nev./Team Hilton (University of Oklahoma); Danell Leyva of Miami/Team Hilton (Universal Gymnastics); Sam Mikulak of Newport Coast, Calif./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); and Alex Naddour of Queen Creek, Ariz./Team Hilton (USA Youth Fitness).
The U.S. men’s line-up is as follows.
- Floor exercise: Naddour, Brooks, Mikulak, Dalton
- Pommel horse: Leyva, Brooks, Mikulak, Naddour
- Still rings: Brooks, Mikulak, Dalton, Naddour
- Vault: Brooks, Naddour, Mikulak, Dalton
- Parallel bars: Mikulak, Dalton, Brooks, Leyva
- Horizontal bar: Dalton, Mikulak, Brooks, Leyva
The U.S. women will compete in the qualification round on Sunday, Aug. 7, and the women’s line-up will be announced prior to competition.
Ways to follow the action
NBC is the broadcast and web source for coverage and news on the Olympic Games.
- NBCOlympics.com. NBCOlympics.com will carry live coverage of every gymnastics session as well as all sports, and maintain an archive for on-demand coverage. The gymnastics schedule is listed below.
- Aug. 6, men’s qualification, 1:30 p.m. ET
- Aug. 7, women’s qualification, 4:30 p.m. ET
- Aug. 8, men’s team final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 9, women’s team final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 10, men’s all-around final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 11, women’s all-around final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 14, individual event finals, 1 p.m. ET
- Aug. 15, individual event finals, 1 p.m. ET
- Aug. 16, individual event finals, 1 p.m. ET
- NBC. Gymnastics coverage is expected to appear in the primetime broadcast.
- Aug. 6, men’s qualification, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 7, women’s qualification, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 8, men’s team final, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 9, women’s team final, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 10, men’s all-around final, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 11, women’s all-around final, 8 p.m. ET
USA Gymnastics and the United States Olympic Committee are also providing easy ways to follow the action from Rio.
- USAGym2016.com. Original stories, athlete bios, schedules, results and more are available at usagym2016.com.
- USAGym.org. The USA Gymnastics official website is a great source for information about the sport: latest news, the schedule of its premier events, athlete biographies, videos, photo galleries and more.
- TeamUSA.org. The U.S. Olympic Committee’s website will also be a good resource for information on the Team USA in Rio.
- Social Media. USA Gymnastics is providing live updates and exclusive content, including interviews and photos, on Facebook and Twitter (@USAGym).