RZESZOW, Poland, Oct. 7, 2016 — After the first day of qualification at the Poland World Cup in Rzeszow, Poland, Jessica Renteria and Maren Merwarth, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, are currently first in the women’s pair standings. Team USA is also competing at the 2016 International Acro Cup held in conjunction with the World Cup.
Merwarth and Renteria lead the standings in the women’s pair competition at the World Cup in Poland, an International Gymnastics Federation World Cup for acrobatic gymnastics. They posted a 27.290 for their dynamic routine and are currently first. Qualification rounds in all five divisions (men’s pair, women’s pair, mixed pair, women’s group and men’s group) continue on Saturday with the finals contested on Sunday, Oct. 9.
Below is a summary of the U.S. National Team members who competed today at the International Acro Cup.
- Emma Bentov-Lagman of Annapolis, Md., Cristin Connerney of Annapolis, Md., and Lilianna Dyer of Arnold, Md., all of 1st Class Gymnastics Inc., women’s group – senior, 23.810, second place (dynamic)
- Aisley Boynton and Maxim Sedochenkoff, both of Riverside, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy, mixed pair – senior, 28.110, first place (balance)
- Elanor Chang of Columbia, Md., Calista Davis of Ijamsville, Md., and Madison Freed of Mt. Airy, Md., all of Emilias Acro Gymnastics and Cheer, women’s group – junior, 25.550, second place (dynamic)
- Samantha Conway and Lally Seither, both of New Orleans, La./Crescent City Gymnastics, women’s pair – junior, 27.700, first place (balance)
- Jarrett Darrah and Emma Fitzgerald, both of Placerville, Calif./Nor Cal Acro, mixed pair – junior, 27.400, first place (balance)