- Event Website (including live streaming link)
- Photo Galleries
RZESZOW, Poland, Oct. 4, 2016 – World women’s pair finalists Jessica Renteria and Maren Merwarth, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, lead a talented U.S. delegation that will compete at the Poland World Cup and International Acro Cup, scheduled for Oct. 7-9 at the Hala Prodpromie in Rzeszow, Poland. The opening ceremony and first day of qualifications are set for Oct. 7, with the second day of qualification scheduled for Oct. 8. Finals will be held on Oct. 9.
Merwarth and Renteria will represent Team USA at the Poland World Cup, an International Gymnastics Federation World Cup for acrobatic gymnastics. The two-time U.S. champions placed fourth at the 2016 World Acrobatic Championships in Putian, China, and claimed the bronze medal at the 2016 Puurs (Belgium) World Cup.
The senior mixed pair duo of Aisley Boynton and Maxim Sedochenkoff of Riverside, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy, and senior women’s trio of Emma Bentov-Lagman of Annapolis, Md., Cristin Connerney of Annapolis, and Lilianna Dyer of Arnold, Md., all with 1st Class Gymnastics Inc., headline the U.S. athletes competing at the International Acro Cup.
The members of the U.S. delegation are listed below.
- Maren Merwarth and Jessica Renteria, San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s pair
International Acro Cup
- Emma Bentov-Lagman of Annapolis, Md., Cristin Connerney of Annapolis, Lilianna Dyer, of Arnold, Md., 1st Class Gymnastics Inc., women’s group
- Aisley Boynton and Maxim Sedochenkoff, both of Riverside, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy, mixed pair
- Elanor Chang of Columbia, Md., Calista Davis of Ijamsville, Md., and Madison Freed of Mt. Airy, Md., Emilias Acro Gymnastics and Cheer, women’s group
- Samantha Conway and Lally Seither, both of New Orleans, La./Crescent City Gymnastics, women’s pair
- Jarrett Darrah and Emma Fitzgerald, both of Placerville, Calif./Nor Cal Acro, mixed pair
Additionally, teb athletes are competing in the 11-16 age group division: Hannah Alonzo of San Antonio, Texas, and Jordan Liberto of Boerne, Texas, both of Boerne Gymnastics Center, women’s pair; Isabel Chang and Cade Shields, both of Columbia Md./Emilia’s Acro Gymnastics, mixed pair; Gabrielle Collins of New Market, Md., and Sydney Martin of Cooksville, Md., both of LeeAnn’s Acrobatic & Tumbling Academy, women’s pair; Devon Merwarth and Aiden Merwarth, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, mixed pair; and Nicole Powell of Bethesda, Md., and Taylor Royes-Fletcher of Potomac, Md., both of Xtreme Acro, women’s pair.