LEVALLOIS, France, July 3, 2014 – Three U.S. teams advanced today to the finals at the 2014 Acrobatic Gymnastics World Age Group Competitions in Levallois, France. Qualification rounds in all five divisions (men’s pair, women’s pair, mixed pair, women’s group and men’s group) conclude tomorrow, with the finals being contested on Saturday, July 5. Team USA is also sending athletes to next week’s World Acrobatic Gymnastics Championships, which begin July 10.
The athletes who advanced to the finals are Alyssa Delgado, Gabriela Foster and Connie Kickirillo, all of San Antonio/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s group – 11-16, 54.800, eighth place; Brianna Foster of San Antonio, Texas, and Joseph McGraw of Plano, Texas, Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, mixed pair – 12-18, 53.500, ninth place (tie); and Collin Davis and Konstantine Partalas, both of San Antonio, Texas/Aerial Athletics, men’s pair – 12-18, 53.250, seventh place.
A summary of other U.S. athletes in action today is below.
- Cameron Jones of Potomac, Md., and Sara Mercer of Rockville, Md., Xtreme Acro and Cheer, women’s pair – 11-16; 54.450 total, 13th place.
- Sophia Handel and Emma Kissel, both of Annapolis, Md./1st Class Gymnastics Inc., women’s pair – 11-16, 54.200 total, 15th place.
- Sophie Gruszka of San Ramon, Calif., Morgan Sweeney of Danville, Calif., and Amanda Waterson of San Ramon, West Coast Training Center, women’s group, 11-16, 53.900 total, 14th place.
- Kathleen Davis and Katarina Partalas, both of San Antonio /Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s pair – 12-18, 27.500, 11th place (balance).
- Madeline Bones and Samantha Servellon, both of San Jose/Aerial Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics, women’s pair – 12-18, 27.100, 12th place (balance).
- Nicole Chin of Danville, Calif., Sydney Wu, Castro Valley, Calif., and Nicole Yamamoto of Pleasanton, Calif., West Coast Training Center, women’s group – 12-18, 26.700, tie-18th place (dynamic).
- Alexandria Alaman of Fontana, Calif., Diana Tatevossian of Riverside, and Donna Tatevossian of Riverside, Calif., Realis Gymnastics Academy, women’s group – 12-18, 27.250, 11th place (dynamic).
- Bryan Allen of San Jose, Calif., and Brennan Atsatt, Santa Cruz, Calif., Aerial Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics, men’s pair – 13-19, 27.300, third place (balance).