What’s happening with The Fierce Five℠ you ask?
They are busy preparing for the opening night of the 40-city Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions, which kicks off tomorrow, Sept. 8, in San Jose. They also have attended a number of other events and activities across the country. Here’s a rundown of the last few days.
- Aly Raisman and Jordyn Wieber were on the season premiere of the “Live with Kelly and Michael” show on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
- Gabrielle Douglas led the Pledge of Allegiance on Sept. 5 at the Democratic National Convention.
- The Fierce Five were part of the fun, glitz and glamour of the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 6. They introduced artist Alicia Keys, and Douglas did a few gymnastics skills during Keys performance of “Girl on Fire.” The quintet also met many music and acting stars on the red carpet and backstage.
- Douglas also attended the “Stand Up to Cancer” event and supports this cause. On Friday, Sept. 7, “Stand Up for Cancer” aired on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, AFN, BIO, E!, ENCORE, HBO, HBO Latino, ION, LMN, LOGO, MLB Network, MUN2, PALLADIA, SHOWTIME, SMITHSONIAN CHANNEL, STARZ, STYLE, TBS.
- McKayla Maroney, Kyla Ross and Douglas will appear on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Monday, Sept. 10.
In addition, Douglas has signed a book deal with HarperCollins for her autobiography, “Grace Gold and Glory: My Leap of Faith.” Expected to be out this December, the book will cover Douglas’ and her family’s path to London and her success there, as well as include a poster of Douglas.