PUURS, Belgium – February 13, 2016 – Four U.S. teams advanced to the finals at the 2016 Belgium FIG World Cup in Puurs, Belgium. Qualification rounds in all five divisions (men’s pair, women’s pair, mixed pair, women’s group and men’s group) concluded Friday with the finals being contested Saturday, February 13. Team USA is also competing at the 2016 Flanders International Acro Cup (FIAC) held in conjunction with the World Cup
The athletes who advanced to the finals at the Belgium World Cup are Maren Merwarth and Jessica Renteria both of San Antonio/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s pair – 55.040, fourth place; Axel Osborne and Tiffani Williams both of Moreno Valley, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy, mixed pair- 55.990, third place; Londrea Garett, Amanda Kievsky and Emilia Segel all of Columbia, Md./ Emilias Acro Gymnastics and Cheer, women’s group – 53.790, fourth place; Savannah Bentley, Hannah Silverman and Catherine Stickley all of Columbia, Md./ Emilias Acro Gymnastics and Cheer, women’s group – 52.950, sixth place
Six U.S. pairs/groups qualified for the finals at the 2016 Flanders International Acro Cup (FIAC). Finals are on Saturday, February 13.
The U.S. pairs/groups that are competing in the finals are listed below.
- Aidan Merwarth and Devon Merwarth, mixed pair – 11-16, 52.250 (6th place)
- Sara Mercer, Sophia Handel and Cameron Jones, women’s group – 12-18, 55.250 (2nd place)
- Anna Grafov, Caitlyn Kicza and Lauren Pountnay, women’s group – 12-18, 53.300 (10th place)
- Sladen Osborne and Lydia Webb, mixed pair – 12-18, 26.550 (4th place)
- Sophia Gruskza, Morgan Sweeney and Amanda Waterson, women’s group – 13-19, 53.800 (5th place)
- Eily Corbett, Sydney Wu and Nicole Yamamoto, women’s group – 13-19, 52.710 (10th place)