ORLANDO, Fla., June 8, 2013 – Rebecca Sereda of Staten Island, N.Y./Isadora, won her second, consecutive U.S. rhythmic all-around title with a 133.250 score tonight at the 2013 U.S. Rhythmic Championships, held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex’s HP Field House, located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Jazzy Kerber of Highland Park, Ill./North Shore Rhythmic Gymnastics, finished second in the all-around with a 130.400, followed by Cindy Lu of State Island, N.Y./Isadora, with a 128.400 in third.
The U.S. Rhythmic Championships conclude tomorrow with competition in Level 4 and Level 7.
En route to her second senior title, Sereda posted combined scores of 33.050, hoop; 34.000, ball; 33.450, clubs; and 32.750, ribbon. Kerber earned scores of 34.050, hoop; 33.100, ball; 30.450, clubs; and 32.800, ribbon, while Lu posted two-day totals of 31.800, hoop; 32.300, ball; 32.950, clubs; and 31.350, ribbon.
This national championship event features the best rhythmic gymnasts in the United States and will determine the all-around and individual national champions, as well as the members of the U.S. National Team. Competition will be held for Levels 4-10, with Level 10 as the elite division.
The competition schedule is as follows:
- June 9
- 9 a.m., Level 4, finals
9 a.m., Level 7 (hoop and clubs), awards
2013 U.S. Rhythmic Championships – Senior All-Around Finals
HP Field House
ESPN Wide World of Sports
Orlando, Fla. – June 8, 2013
1. Rebecca Sereda, Staten Island, N.Y., 133.250
2. Jasmine Kerber, Highland Park, Ill., 130.400
3. Cindy Lu, Staten Island, N.Y., 128.400
4. Aliya Protto, Culver City, Calif., 120.500
5. Daniella Romashin, Eden Prairie, Minn., 114.700
6. Julia Garbuz, Eden Prairie, Minn., 113.800
6. Kristen Shaldybin, Allston, Mass., 113.800
8. Polina Kozitskiy, Fountainville, Pa., 112.300
9. Hannah Walter, Angola, N.Y., 108.100
10. Andria Gao, San Diego, Calif., 106.550
11. Audrey Whitaker, Columbus, Ohio, 105.500
12. Erica DerMesropian, Tujunga, Calif., 98.250