What’s New for the 2020/2021 Season!
- All athlete members will now register as athlete.
- USA Gymnastics has been able to provide the introductory athlete membership at very steep discount, for a select number of levels for many years.
- However, as part of an effort to update and simplify our membership structure, meet the demand of rising operational costs, and continue to provide value to all members, we have decided to discontinue the introductory athlete membership.
- 2020/2021 Membership Dues:
- Athlete: $63
- Professional: $95 (includes 1 discipline)
- Junior Professional: $95 (includes 1 discipline)
- Instructor: $17
- Member Club: $225
- University: $160
- Judging Association: $160
- Event Production: $300
- Modifications have been made to the add/remove members to the club roster.
- Member Club’s ability to add/remove individuals to club rosters has been restored.
- However, the approval/denial process will remain, meaning that both the individual and the member club will need to approve/deny the request. Members and clubs will need to approve/deny requests, similar to social media platforms.
- The approval/denial process is intended to ensure that both parties are aware of what/whom are being added to rosters.
- Adult Athletes (18 or older):
- Athletes 18 or older are required to complete the U110: U.S. Center for SafeSport course as a condition of membership.
- New for 2020/2021, athletes who fail to comply with the mandate will be placed in a pending status.
- Meet Reservation:
- Functionality now includes the ability to mark sanctions full by level and/or discipline.
- New Organizational Membership Options:
- Organizational membership types are intended for business and/or institution, that either has gymnastics instruction and/or are in an institution that intends to obtain USA Gymnastics sanctioned events, such as event production companies.
- In an effort to better align membership requirements, price points and benefits, we are expanding membership options for organizational members.
- The 4 new membership types will cut down on confusion for owners/administrators of companies that don’t fit into the traditional, Member Club membership structure:
- Member Club: Any business that provides day-to-day gymnastics instruction, with amateur athletes, as well as, register/compete an athlete and/or a team of athletes in any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event.
- University: Any higher education institution that registers/competes an athlete and/or a team of athletes in any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event.
- Judging Association: Judging institution (example; NAWGJ) that hosts USA Gymnastics sanctioned events.
- Event Production: Any business that does not have gymnastics instruction, but rather provides meet production/registration services.
Online Registration Reminders:
- Parents/guardians are able to login to the USA Gymnastics website with their own username and password to register or renew their children’s membership.
- Clubs no longer need to send an emailed invite link to the parents/guardians. Rather, the club administrator will have the ability to click a button via the club roster that will send parents/guardians an email with renewal instructions.
- All adult (18+) members are responsible for logging into the USA Gymnastics website with his/her username and password to register/renew his/her membership.
- A non-member can affiliate with a club by logging into the USA Gymnastics website and adding the club to his/her profile.
- Owners/managing directors of a member club must hold an active professional membership to renew the member club’s membership.
- Club administrators will notice there is no longer a separate athlete or professional roster. Rather, all rosters have been combined and renamed, Club Roster. Club administrators will be able to use the new filter features on the roster page to view members affiliated with the club.
USA Gymnastics will allow for sanctioned events to continue for the 2020/2021 season. Meet directors and clubs will be permitted to host sanctioned events, provided the event can be conducted in a manner that is in compliance with their local government guidelines.
Registration How-to Guides: These guides can help organizations, members and parent/guardians navigate the online registration system.
- Organization Administrator How-To Guide: Organization administrators are encouraged to use the how-to guide, linked below, for an overview and step-by-step instructions on how to navigate the online organization administration features, organization rosters and more. Click here to view.
- Adult Member How-To Guide: Adult members are encouraged to use the Membership Registration How-To Guide for instructions on how to register or renew individual memberships. Click here to view.
- Parent How-To Guide: Parents registering minor members are encouraged to use the Parent How-To Guide for instructions on how to register or renew minor members. Click here to view.