INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., February 18, 2022 – The Region 9 roster is set for next week’s Elite Team Cup Presented by TURN, which is being held February 26 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas, in conjunction with the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN and annual Nastia Liukin Cup. An all-rookie lineup for Region 9 will look to make a memorable entrance onto the Elite Team Cup stage.
The Elite Team Cup is an annual competition in which regional teams of six men’s Junior Elite gymnasts face off with national bragging rights on the line. Top performers will earn the opportunity to compete for junior apparatus titles February 27 alongside their Winter Cup senior division counterparts, including past Region 9 team members Taylor Burkhart (Morrison, Colo./Stanford Boys Gymnastics), Vitaliy Guimaraes (Arvada, Colo./University of Oklahoma) and Cole Partridge (Bountiful, Utah/USA Gymnastics World).
The provisional Region 9 roster is listed alphabetically below. Seven team members will travel to Frisco, but only six will compete.
- Nartey Brady, Los Ranchos, N.M./Gold Cup Gymnastics
- Kelton Christiansen, Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
- Asher Cohen, Lakewood, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
- Emmit Glover, Saratoga Springs, Utah/All American Gymnastics
- Ty Jordan, Morrison, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
- Ricken Matsuzawa, Provo, Utah/All American Gymnastics
- Gavin Zborowski, Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics
More information about the Elite Team Cup and accompanying Winter Cup and Nastia Liukin Cup is available at WinterCup.com. Tickets for all three events are currently on sale.
USA Gymnastics men’s artistic regions are determined by state and are listed below.
- Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming