INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., February 17, 2022 – Three Elite Team Cup veterans will lead Region 7 in competition February 26 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. Returning team members Justin Ciccone, Will Fleck and Kristian Grahovski will look to improve on last year’s fifth-place finish, while Region 7’s rookie competitors hope to make their mark.
The Elite Team Cup Presented by TURN pits nine regional teams each comprised of six men’s Junior Elite gymnasts against one another with national bragging rights on the line. This year’s event is being held in conjunction with the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN, which features some of the top elite gymnasts in the U.S., and the annual Nastia Liukin Cup. Top individual Elite Team Cup performers will earn the opportunity to compete for junior apparatus titles February 27 alongside their Winter Cup senior division counterparts.
The preliminary Region 7 roster is listed alphabetically below. Eight gymnasts will travel to Frisco, but only six will represent Region 7 in competition.
- Robert Alessio, Belleville, N.J./Meadowlands Gymnastics
- Hasan Aydogdu, Carlstadt, N.J./Meadowlands Gymnastics
- Justin Ciccone, Rochester, N.Y./Bright Raven Gymnastics
- Will Fleck, Fairfax Station, Va./Apollo Gymnastics
- Kristian Grahovski, Penfield, N.Y./Rochester Gymnastics Academy
- Adam Lakomy, Roselle Park, N.J./Sunburst Gymnastics
- Trent Peazant, Fairfax Station, Va./Apollo Gymnastics
- Pierce Wolfgang, Bryn Mawr, Pa./Montgomery County Sports Performance Center
Visit WinterCup.com for more information on the 2022 Elite Team Cup and accompanying Winter Cup and Nastia Liukin Cup, including how to purchase tickets.
USA Gymnastics men’s artistic regions are determined by state as indicated below. Rosters for the remaining regional teams will be released in the coming weeks.
- Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming