- Results: Elite Team | Junior Team | Sr. All-Around
- Photo Gallery
- Webcast Replay
NEWARK, N.J., March 5, 2016 – 2012 Olympian and three-time World medalist John Orozco of the Bronx, N.Y./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center), won the senior elite all-around crown at the Elite Team Cup at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Region 3 won the inaugural Elite Team Cup.
- Elite Team Cup medalists: 1. Region 3 (Arkansas, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Missouri), 345.750; 2. Region 1 (Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, N. California, So. California), 340.750; 3. Region 7 (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virgina), 335.050.
- Senior Men’s all-around medalists: 1. John Orozco of the Bronx, N.Y./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center), 89.100; 2. Joshua Dixon of Los Gatos, Calif./U.S. Olympic Training Center, 86.350; 3. Stacey Ervin of Taylor, Mich./University of Michigan, 84.000
- Orozco event scores: all-around, 89.100 (1); floor exercise, 14.600 (3); pommel horse, 14.550 (1st); still rings, 15.400 (1st); vault, 13.850; parallel bars, 15.250 (1st); horizontal bar, 15.450 (1st).
- Dixon event scores: all-around, 86.350 (2); floor, 15.150 (1st); pommel horse, 13.350; still rings, 14.000 (3); vault, 15.000 (1st); parallel bars, 14.150; horizontal bar, 14.700 (2)
- Ervin event scores: all-around, 84.000 (3); floor, 14.550; pommel horse, 12.900; still rings, 13.300; vault, 14.800 (2); parallel bars, 14.500 (3); horizontal bar, 13.950.
- Attendance: three-day event record, 15,551; Nastia Liukin Cup, 2,084; AT&T American Cup, 12,541; Elite Team Cup, 926.
- The inaugural Elite Team Cup featured nine men’s Regional Teams, each consisting of six junior elite gymnasts and one senior elite athlete. Team scores for the Elite Team Cup were based on five athletes competing on each event with the top four scores on each event counting. In addition, the top six finishers in the senior all-around standings are vying for prize money: 1. $2,000; 2. $1,500; 3. $1,000; 4. $600; 5. $500; and 6. $400.
- Region 3, first: Stacey Ervin, Taylor, Mich./University of Michigan; Davis Grooms, Katy, Texas/Champions Gymnastics; Tanner Justus, Cypress, Texas/Cypress Academy; David Pochinka, Plano, Texas/WOGA; Blake Sun, San Antonio, Texas/Alamo Gymnastics; Alexei Vernyi, Cypress, Texas/Cypress Academy; Matthew Wenske, Houston, Texas/Cypress Academy.
- Region 1, second: Cameron Bock, Tustin, Calif./SCATS; Thomas Chin, Santa Monica, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica; Adrian de los Angeles, Long Beach, Calif./University of Michigan; Andrew Herrador, Livermore, Calif./West Coast Olympic Gymnastics Academy; Bennet Huang, Palo Alto, Calif./West Coast Olympic Gymnastics Academy; Brennan Pantazis, Sparks, Nev./Gymnastics Nevada; Dylan Young, Burbank, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica.
- Region 7, third: Andrew Brower, Old Bridge, N.J./US Gymnastics Development Center; Peter Daggett, East Longmeadow, Mass./University of Oklahoma; Evan Hymanson, Morganville, N.J./Monmouth Gymnastics; Timmothy Kutyla, Wyckoff, N.J./US Gymnastics Development Center; Jacob Light, Macungie, Pa./Parkettes Gymnastics; Sean Neighbarger, Virginia Beach, Va./Gymstrada; Sebastian Quiana, Oradell, N.J./US Gymnastics Development Center.
Other Regional Teams
- Region 2: Will Bughi, Colbert, Wash./Dynamic Gymnastics; Parker Chiapuzio, Tigard, Ore./Multnomah Athletic Club; Colton Dee, Nampa, Idaho/Danik Gymnastics; Spencer Goodell, Tigard, Ore./OMEGA; Peyton Hobson, Salem, Ore./OMEGA; John Orozco, Bronx, N.Y./Tm Hilton/USOTC; Ryker Shaw, Rexburg, Idaho/Madison Gymnastics
- Region 4: Andrrew Eng, New Berlin, Wis./Swiss Turners; Henry Meeker, Minneapolis, Minn./MHG; Drew Moling, Canal Winchester, Ohio/Ohio State University; Jacob Schroeder, Waukesha, Wis./Swiss Turners; Colin Schwartz, Pleasant Prairie, Wis./Scamps Gymnastics; Noah Urwiler, Lincoln, Neb./Nebraska School of Gymnastics; Shane Wiskus, Spring Park, Minn./MHG
- Region 5: Max Andryushchenko, Chicago, Ill./Lakeshore Academy; Mitchell Brown, Fortville, Ind./DeVeau’s; Thomas Hanson, Mesa, Ariz./Arizona State University; Paul Juda, Deerfield, Ill./Buffalo Grove Gymnastics; Josh Martin, Buffalo Grove, Ill./Aerial’s Gymnastics; Jacob Moore, West Bloomfield, Mich./Twistars Gymnastics; Bailey Perez, Glen Ellyn, Ill./Premeir Gymnastics
- Region 6: Nikita Bolotsky, Saint Johnsbury, Vt./Kingdom Gymnastics; Addison Chung, Medfield, Mass./New England Sports Academy; Joshua Dixon, Los Gatos, Calif./USOTC; Michael Fletcher, Nashua, N.H./New England Academy of Gymnastics; Nicholas Merryman, Brookline, N.H./New England Academy of Gymnastics; Ben Provost, South Hadley, Mass./Daggett’s Gymnastics; Jonathan Wang, Newton, Mass./New England Academy of Gymnastics
- Region 8: Justin Ah Chow, Miami, Fla./Universal Gymnastics; Andrew Bitner, Buford, Ga./Gymnastix; Ethan Esval, Roswell, Ga./Atlanta School of Gymnastics; Brody Malone, Cedartown, Ga./Cartersville Gymnastics; Ryan Orce, Gainesville, Fla./Sun Country Gymnastics; Matthew Wagner, West Palm Beach, Fla./Haydens Gymnastics; Kiwan Watts, Richmond, Va./Above the Bar
- Region 9: Vitaliy Guimaraes, Aruada, Colo./5280 North; Douglass Johnson, Los Angeles, Calif./Southern California United; Dillan King, Eagle Mtn, Utah/USA Gymnastics World; Kirk Malm, Colorado Springs, Colo./Colorado Training Center; Scott McMurray, North Salt Lake, Utah/USA Gymnastics World; Coleson Stodghill, Evergreen, Colo./5280 North; Isaac Xiong, Westminster, Colo./5280 North