INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., February 9, 2022 – Veterans Sebastian Kane (2020) and Jonah Soltz (2021) will lead a hungry Region 2 team looking to make a mark at this year’s Elite Team Cup, presented by TURN, February 26 at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. The Elite Team Cup features six-person regional teams comprised of men’s Junior Elite athletes from across the country facing off on the national stage. The team event is being held in conjunction with the 2022 Winter Cup, presented by OZONE and TURN, and top performers will have the opportunity to vie for junior apparatus titles February 27 alongside Winter Cup senior elite competitors.
Eight Region 2 athletes will travel to Texas later in the month, but only six will be tapped to compete. The provisional Region 2 roster is listed alphabetically below.
- Kyle Jordan, Oregon City, Ore./OMEGA Gymnastics
- Sebastian Kane, Mercer Island, Wash./Metropolitan Gymnastics
- Jackson Maughan, Mercer Island, Wash./Emerald City Gymnastics Academy
- Zach Murray, Washougal, Wash./OMEGA Gymnastics
- Jonah Soltz, Tacoma, Wash./Metropolitan Gymnastics
- Gustavin Suess, Portland, Ore./OMEGA Gymnastics
- Luke Tully, Portland, Ore./Westside Dance and Gymnastics Academy
- Jax Washburn, Lake Oswego, Ore./OMEGA Gymnastics
For more information on the Elite Team Cup, Winter Cup and Nastia Liukin Cup, which will take place together February 25-27 in Frisco, visit WinterCup.com. All-session and single-session tickets are on sale now.
USA Gymnastics men’s artistic regions, which are determined by state, are listed below. Elite Team Cup rosters for Regions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming