INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., February 23, 2022 – Fresh off of his 2021 Junior Pan American Games all-around title, Vahe Petrosyan is set to return to the Elite Team Cup stage Saturday, February 26 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas, as 2021 runners up Region 1 will look to snap Region 3’s unbeaten streak. The annual Elite Team Cup Presented by TURN pits regional teams of six men’s Junior Elite gymnasts against one another in pursuit of national bragging rights.
This year’s event is being held in conjunction with the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN and Nastia Liukin Cup. Top performers will earn the opportunity to compete for junior apparatus titles Sunday, February 27 alongside their Winter Cup senior division counterparts, including former Region 1 athletes Jeremy Bischoff (Canyon Country, Calif./Stanford University), Isaiah Drake (Los Angeles, Calif./U.S. Naval Academy), Raydel Gamboa (Phoenix, Ariz./University of Oklahoma) and Riley Loos (El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University).
The provisional Region 1 Elite Team Cup roster is listed alphabetically below. Eight gymnasts will travel to Frisco, but only six will compete Saturday.
- Ryan Barela, Peoria, Ariz./North Valley Gymnastics
- Colin Flores, Mountain House, Calif./West Coast Olympic Gymnastics Academy
- Tyler Flores, Mountain House, Calif./West Coast Olympic Gymnastics Academy
- Zach Green, San Jose, Calif./Stanford Boys Gymnastics
- Eric Hoe, Phoenix, Ariz./North Valley Gymnastics
- Maxwell Odden, Scottsdale, Ariz./North Valley Gymnastics
- Vahe Petrosyan, Van Nuys, Calif./Gymnastics Olympica USA
- Nathan Roman, Poway, Calif./Agility
Visit WinterCup.com to learn more about the Elite Team Cup, Winter Cup and Nastia Liukin Cup. Tickets for all three events are on sale now.
USA Gymnastics men’s artistic regions are determined by state as indicated below.
- Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming