FRISCO, Texas, February 27, 2022 – Ella Kate Parker (West Monroe, La./Cincinnati Gymnastics) secured her second-straight Winter Cup junior women’s all-around title Sunday at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. With a 52.450, Parker edged hometown gymnast Ella Murphy (Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics) who finished second with a 51.850. Murphy’s WOGA teammate Hezly Rivera (Plano, Texas) claimed third with a 50.650.
Parker posted the day’s high scores on balance beam (13.900) and floor exercise (13.350), splitting top honors on the latter apparatus with Tiana Sumanasekera (Pleasanton, Calif./West Valley Gymnastics School) who also led the way on vault with a 13.700. Gabriella Van Frayen (Lewis Center, Ohio/ Gym X-Treme) took the top spot on uneven bars with a 13.300.
The 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN will wrap up this evening with the final day of the men’s competition, which will stream live on Flip Now Presented by USA Gymnastics at 6:30 p.m. ET. Junior and senior apparatus titles are up for grabs.
The top-three junior women’s all-around placements are listed below followed by the top-three finishers on each apparatus.
- Ella Kate Parker: all-around, 52.450; vault ,13.600; uneven bars, 11.600; beam, 13.900; floor, 13.350
- Ella Murphy: all-around, 51.850; vault, 13.050; uneven bars, 12.400; beam, 13.450; floor, 12.950
- Hezly Rivera: all-around, 50.650; vault, 13.200; uneven bars, 12.450; beam, 12.300; floor, 12.700
- Vault: 1. Tiana Sumanasekera 13.700; 2(T). Zoey Molomo (Frisco, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics), 13.600; 2(T) Ella Kate Parker, 13.600
- Uneven bars: 1. Gabriella Van Frayen (Lewis Center, Ohio/ Gym X-Treme), 13.300; 2. Alicia Zhou (San Antonio, Texas/Love Gymnastics), 12.900; 3(T) Jayla Hang (Bellevue, Wash./Ascend Gymnastics) 12.800; Myli Lew (Belmont, Calif./San Mateo Gymnastics), 12.800
- Beam: 1. Ella Kate Parker, 13.900; 2. Tiana Sumanasekera, 13.850; 3. Ella Murphy, 13.450
- Floor: 1(T). Ella Kate Parker, 13.350, Tiana Sumanasekera, 13.350; 3. Azaraya Ra-Akbar (Columbia, Md., World Class Gymnastics), 13.250