2012 Trampoline & Tumbling J.O. Championships
July 4-11, 2012 - Long Beach Arena - Long Beach, Calif.
||Click here for the training groups
||Click here for the team sheets
Please note: The current team sheets listed are for verification purposes only. The change and additions made after the entry close date and those that did not qualify are not reflected on the team sheets. Team sheets will be updated after the Olympic Trials. Thank you for your patience.
||Start List - J.O. Championships
Start List - ODP
||July 4- July 11, 2012
||Long Beach Arena
300 E. Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90802
||J.O. Championships will name National Champions at Levels 5-10 in age groups for all disciplines.
||Click here to purchase tickets.
||Click here for the complete schedule.
||Athletes & Parents Guide
Coaches & Judges Guide
||May 21st, 2012
||Registration is now CLOSED
||ODP Registration Form
ODP Payment Form
For more information on rules and policies, click here.
||First event - $125
Each additional event - $20
Entry fees may be paid by credit card using the authorization form from the entry web site or by check. One check for all entries from a team, please.
No refunds will be given.
|INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT ENTRIES:
||Corrections after the entry deadline will cost $25 per correction (up to a maximum of $200), since the schedule, training schedule, start lists, athlete passes, certificates and program will be in progress. Click here for the correction form. Corrections may be faxed to the Program Office (317-237-5069) until May 21st. After May 21st all forms must be submitted in the Competition Office at the venue.
||Mary Obaka - firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-829-5638
||USAG T&T Rules (including warm-up rules) will be used. Finals for Level 9&10 only.
Level 9 finals will be held only if there are 10 or more in the group. There shall be one optional routine in the final. The requirements remain the same as the preliminary optional routine.
Level 10 finals will be held at all national events.
All age groups are based on the age of the competitor on December 31, 2012.
- All athletes meeting National Championship qualifying scores and eligibility requirements at USAG T&T sanctioned competitions may enter the J.O. Championships.
- All entries are subject to verification by the State Chair.
- All competitors must enter the National Championships at the same level at which the qualifying score was reached. If the athlete competes at a higher level after the qualifying score is reached, he/she may not move back to the previous level to compete at National Championships. See the Rules & Policies and J.O. Code of Points for complete information and click here for qualifying scores (coming soon).
- Petitions - Only athletes who were Level 10 last year and finished in the top three or in the top fifty percent at the 2011 J.O. Championships are eligible to petition. Complete petition requirements (Sec. V. part D) are coming soon.
Each Level 10 regional champion is eligible to represent his/her region at the Regional All-Star competition. (Note: In order to allow the regions to have full teams, if a region has no Level 10 athletes in an age group, the Level 9 regional champion may be substituted. NOTE: The rules for Regional All-Stars have changed! See complete Regional All-Stars rules on the T&T page of the USA Gymnastics web site under Rules & Policies, Competition Guidelines (coming soon).
J.O. Championships - Non-resident foreign competitors are not allowed at J.O. Championships. Resident foreign athletes who are members of USA Gymnastics and have met all qualification requirements may compete at J.O. Championships.
|COACHES & OFFICIALS:
- Coaches, judges and officials who are Professional Members will be issued credentials. (No Pending Pro memberships - all aspects of the Pro membership must be complete.)
- Coaches must have completed the T&T Level 1 Coaches' Course (T-200/201) and must be registered online with J.O. Championships entries.
- Only 2 coaches per team will be issued credentials. Requests for additional coaches' credentials must be approved by the Program Director. Teams with fewer than ten athletes need not apply.
- Judges must have a rating as designated by the Technical Committee and submit the Judge's Request for Assignment
||4 Eurotramp trampolines with Eurotramp 4x4 beds and springs
2 Eurotramp Double Mini-Trampolines
2 Ross Athletic Supply rod tumbling tracks
Equipment managed and additional equipment supplied by Ross Athletic Supply. Some equipment is for sale. If interested, call 888-600-7677.
||J.O. CHAMPIONSHIPS - ALL LEVELS:
- Participation certificates
- Flight ribbons
- Overall 1st - 10th place
- Participation certificates are placed in the team packets and are given to the coach at registration for distribution to the team.
- Flight awards are presented by the Superior Judge immediately following each flight.
- Overall awards will be presented to 1st-10th place in each age group and level.
- Overall awards for each session will be given immediately following the session. Level 10 awards will be presented after finals.
- If the session is running early, awards will be given early.
- Athletes who place in the top 10 overall should be in the staging area immediately following the session.
- In order to have professional awards pictures, all athletes are required to wear competition attire for all awards ceremonies:
- Girls - leo, bare feet or tramp shoes
- Boys - step-in, competition shorts or pants, bare feet or tramp shoes
- No warm-ups or street clothes allowed.
- Grand Champion Team - Trophy to each member of the overall champion region.
- 1st Place Team per event - Plaques to each member of the team, per gender.
- All awards for Regional All-Stars will be presented immediately following competition.
- All competitors are asked to remain on the competition floor until all awards are given and pictures have been taken.
- Regional All-Stars are required to wear the warm-up or leo provided by GK/Elite Sportswear for competition and awards photos.
||Clubs are allowed to sell advertising for the souvenir program at J.O. Championships and keep half the money.
||Volunteers (affectionately known as T&T Angels) are needed in many areas at J.O. Championships, including awards, staging, computer data entry, score posting, competition office and trampoline spotters. See more on trampoline spotters below. Click here for job descriptions.
Interested parties should contact Mary Obaka at email@example.com with the following information:
First job choice
Second job choice
T-Shirt size: Adult (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
||Spotters are required at each corner of the trampoline. Each team with athletes entered in trampoline is responsible to provide at least one age and size appropriate spotter for at least one session of the competition. Teams will be assigned a session in which they have an athlete competing. The Volunteer Coordinator will monitor participation and spotters will report to Volunteer Check-In near the awards stage 30 minutes prior to the session. Any additional spotters who would like to help will be welcome and appreciated. Spotters will be required to participate in a short training session prior to spotting.
Dress Code for Spotters:
- Volunteer t-shirt (provided at check-in)
- Gym shoes
- No hats
- No jewelry, purses or bags. (Belongings should be left with a responsible person as there is no secure place in the competition or staging area.)
|COACHES' AND JUDGES' COURSES:
||Judges' and coaches' courses held in conjunction with J.O. Championships are:
**NOTE: Dates and times subject to change
- Category 1 Judge's Course - July 4, 10am-8:30pm. Click here for a registration form.
- Level 1 Coach's Course - T201 - July 6, 5-7pm. See registration form for more information.
- Level 1 Coaches' Course Spotting Requirement - July 8, 8am-9am.
- Leader Level Judge's Course - July 8, 10:00 am-2:00 pm. By invitation. Details and instructions to follow.
- National Team Meeting - July 8, 9am-12pm.
- Coaches' Education New 2013-17 JO Routines - July 9, 6pm-8pm. Free of Charge
- JumpStart Test Administrator Training - July 10, 8pm-9pm. See registration form for more information
- Coaches' Education Hour
July 5 – 8:15 – 9:15 pm (Immediately following Elite Synchro Finals)
T524 - CORE Stability – Dr. Nancy H Cummings, EdD, ATC, LAT, CSCS".
July 6 – 8:30 – 9:30 pm (Immediately following the SR/JR Elite Prelims)
T526 - Technique for Hand Spotting on TR, DM, TU – By National Coaching Staff
July 10 – 7:00 -8:00 pm
T527 - Drills for Building JO Skills – By National Coaching Staff
One-hour coaching seminars for which coaches can receive credit for continuing education.
Registration is $15.00. Click here for the registration form - Please indicate the date you will be attending on the form.
PREREGISTRATION is highly recommended
||Trampoline & Tumbling offers an opportunity for a limited number of vendors at the 2012 J.O. Championships. Vendor booths will be inside Halls, near spectator seating. USA Gymnastics has an exclusive contract with GK/Elite Sportswear for all warm-ups, leotards and other competitive wear, and with Northwest Designs for event-related and USA Gymnastics logo merchandise, shorts, flannel pants, animals and medal-engraving.
If you are interested in being a vendor for items other than those listed above, you may apply using the Vendor Contract (coming soon)