World Championships/World Age-Group Update
posted on 07/09/2010
- World Championships and World Age-Group Teams will be named following Visa Championships.
- Both teams will have processing on Thursday, August 12.
- At processing, sizing samples and an apparel order form will be provided. The apparel will be shipped at a later date.
- All athletes who are considered for the teams must have a passport and a valid FIG license. If you do not already have one, APPLY FOR YOUR PASSPORT NOW. DO NOT WAIT until the team is named.
- For the FIG license, you will need to provide a digital copy of your passport and a digital head shot photo. E-mail the photo and passport to firstname.lastname@example.org. The head shot should be face forward, no hats or sunglasses and no hands on the face, such as chin resting on hands. You are not allowed to use the actual passport to make a head shot photo since it will have lines across it when scanned. You may use the same photo you provided for the passport.
- For both World Championships and World Age-Group, travel package prices and options will be available soon and will be posted on the USA Gymnastics web site.
- Travel dates for World Championships are:
- Nov. 3 - Camp in Houston (All disciplines - mandatory)
Nov. 6 - Leave for France
Nov. 14 - Return to U.S.
- Travel dates for World Age-Group are:
- Nov. 12 - Leave for France
Nov. 21 - Return to U.S.