MEN’S PROGRAM MANAGER
The Men’s Program Manager is responsible to assist with a wide variety of logistical and administrative duties for the Men’s Gymnastics Program. Key responsibilities include coordinating travel, assisting with the planning and implementation of event operations, and communication with the athletes and men’s gymnastics community.
- Provide administrative support to the national teams, including communication of event details, selection procedures, travel arrangements, and collection and processing of agreements and other forms.
- Provide administrative support for training camps and clinics, including registration, scheduling, creation and distribution of materials.
- Provide event support in preparation for and at national-level events including National Championships, and other domestic events as directed.
- Liaison with the United States Olympic Committee for resident athletes and events at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, and provide administrative support.
- Update and maintain program information, event schedule, technical information, and meeting minutes on the USA Gymnastics web site.
- Oversee the submission and posting of information to USA Gymnastics’ publications and web site.
- Assist in communicating information from the National Office to Committees, coaches, athletes, judges, and parents.
- Provide administrative support in organization of delegations and travel arrangements for international competitions.
- Assist in the coordination the overall budget of the Men’s Program and monitor it throughout the year and manage daily accounting functions.
- Be knowledgeable of the program rules and office policies for smooth continuity of the program in the absence of program personnel.
- Order, inventory, and distribute national team apparel.
- Oversee the Academic All-American Program.
- Work closely with the Junior and Senior National Team Coordinators to implement coaches training and education plan.
- Assist Program Director in all aspects of the program as needed or assigned.
Full time position based in Indianapolis. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in related field, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in sports administration or a similar line of work. The preferred candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, multi-tasking skills and organizational skills. Experience in event planning is a plus. Familiarity with gymnastics and/or other Olympic sports is also desired. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is necessary. The ability to travel and work some weekends is required.
Please submit resume and cover letter by June 1, 2008 to Dennis McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org or USA Gymnastics, 201 S. Capitol, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46225.