The 44th Annual USA Gymnastics National Congress and Trade Show, scheduled for June 18-22, will be held in conjunction with the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials-Gymnastics in Philadelphia. A three-day educational event open to the entire gymnastics community, the National Congress provides a unique opportunity to attend presentations, demonstrations, and educational seminars on a variety of topics within the sport, all in one location.
Sessions, which begin June 19 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, feature presentations by nationally recognized professionals from all areas of gymnastics, as well as preschool/recreational education, sport science, fitness and business management. Additional educational opportunities, such as the Business Conference, Safety Certification, Preschool Hands-On Training and judging exams, are available at an additional fee.
Along with the educational opportunities, attendees have access to the Trade Show Exhibit Hall. Sponsored by the United States Gymnastics Suppliers Association, the Trade Show Hall features more than 200 booths with products and information from more than 85 different vendors from the gymnastics community. Special events, such as the USGSA Mega-Raffle and giveaways, take place daily in the exhibit hall.
National Congress wraps up with the Saturday Night Fever Fun. The National Congress Dance Party will be held at the Philadelphia Marriott-Downtown. Bring your best ’70s gear for a chance win prizes in a costume contest and enter the 3rd Annual Dance Contest. The dance party is open to National Congress registrants who are at least 18 years of age.
A brief schedule overview is listed below. For the most up-to-date information on registration, speakers, topics, Trade Show vendors and Dance Party details click here.
We look forward to seeing you in Philly this June!
2008 USA Gymnastics National Congress and Exhibit Hall
June 18 – 22, 2008
PRE-CONGRESS DAY, Philadelphia Marriott-Downtown
- Business Conference with special Keynote Speaker
- Safety/Risk Management course
- H.O.T. Course - Hands on Training for Preschool Fundaments course
National Congress, Pennsylvania Convention Center
- 14 sessions per hour with 5 session time per day
- Sessions begin at 8:30 a.m. all three days
- Session end at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and at 1:30 pm on Saturday
- All disciplines, all levels, business, recreational, fitness, sports science, preschool, cheerleading, safety and risk management.
National Trade Show, sponsored by the U.S. Gymnastics Suppliers Association
Pennsylvania Convention Center Hall D.
- Thursday, June 19 – 7:30 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Friday, June 20 – 8:30 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Saturday, June 21 – 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Hall opening club owner continental breakfast
- Hall Social on Friday
- Coffee breaks
- Free Internet Café
- Official USA Gymnastics gear and technical materials available
- National Travel Systems with information on 2009 events
- Special Autograph Signings (TBD)
- Super Sales on equipment, apparel and more
- USGSA MEGA Raffle, with more than $66,000 dollars in gifts and prizes
Dance Party, 9:30 p.m.-1:00 a.m., Philadelphia Marriott-Downtown
2008 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Philadelphia Marriott-Downtown