- Men's Artistic Gymnastics
- Women's Artistic Gymnastics
- Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Men's and Women's Trampoline
BANGKOK, Thailand, May 7, 2016 – The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) held the draw for qualification round slots for artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics and trampoline for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The draw determines the order for competing in the qualification rounds, as well as timing for podium training.
For women’s gymnastics, the USA is in Subdivision 4 (of five). The USA’s group includes two mixed groups, which are comprised of gymnasts not competing on a full team for their country. The U.S. will compete along with the Netherlands and Mixed Groups 2 and 4. The United States, which starts on the floor exercise, will compete on Aug. 7 in the qualification round.
The U.S. men are in Subdivision 2, out of a total of three. The USA’s subdivision also includes Germany, Great Britain and Mixed Groups 4 and 5. The USA, which starts on the vault, will compete on Aug. 6 in the qualifications.
For trampoline, the U.S. woman is competing second in the women’s qualification round on Aug. 12, with the U.S. man going 11th in the qualification round on Aug. 13.
The U.S. individual rhythmic gymnast will begin competition with her ball routine as the second competitor on Aug. 19. The U.S. rhythmic group will begin on five ribbons in the 12th spot on Aug. 20 for the qualification round.
The complete breakdown for the qualification round for women’s gymnastics, listed in Olympic order (vault, uneven bars, balance beam, floor exercise), is:
- Subdivision 1 – Mixed Group 7 (Chile, Turkey, Croatia, Australia, Uzbekistan), Belgium, China and Mixed Group 1 (Jamaica, Panama, Korea, Ireland, People’s Republic of Korea);
- Subdivision 2 – Italy, Mixed Group 5 (Colombia, Belarus, Argentina, Algeria, Armenia), Russia and Mixed Group 6 (Romania, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Spain);
- Subdivision 3 – Mixed Group 8 (Slovakia, Guatemala, Sweden, India, Vietnam), Great Britain, Brazil and Germany;
- Subdivision 4 – Mixed Group 4 (Iceland, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa), Netherlands, Mixed Group 2 (Venezuela, Slovenia, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Greece) and USA; and
- Subdivision 5 – Japan, France, Canada and Mixed Group 3 (Mexico, Cuba, Portugal, Ukraine, Poland).
The men’s qualification round breakdown, listed in Olympic order (floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, horizontal bar), is:
- Subdivision 1 – Mixed Group 3 (Greece/2, Canada, Cuba/2, Republic of South Africa, Monaco), Japan, Brazil, Korea, Mixed Group 6 (Lithuania, Belgium, Belarus, Chile, Colombia, Turkey, Israel) and the Netherlands;
- Subdivision 2 – Great Britain, France, Mixed Group 5 (Hungary, Vietnam, People’s Republic of Korea, Italy), USA, Mixed Group 4 (Norway, Azerbaijan, Chinese Taipei, Armenia, New Zealand), and Germany; and
- Subdivision 3 – Ukraine, Mixed Group 1 (Croatia, Mexico, Uzbekistan, Czech Republic, Algeria, Ireland), Switzerland, China, Mixed Group 2 (Romania/2, Finland, Spain/2, Cypress, Portugal) and Russia.