INDIANAPOLIS, May 20, 2015 – USA Gymnastics has named its men’s team for the 2015 Pan American Games, pending United States Olympic Committee approval. The U.S. men qualified for the 2015 Pan American Games, which are scheduled for July 10-26 in Toronto, Ont., Canada, when they won the team title at the 2014 Pan American Championships, also in Toronto.
The U.S. Pan American Men’s Gymnastics Team includes four members of the 2014 World Championships bronze-medal team – 2013-2014 U.S. all-around champion and 2012 Olympian Sam Mikulak of Newport Coast, Calif./Team Hilton HHonors (University of Michigan); 2013 World parallel bars bronze medalist and 2012 Olympian John Orozco of the Bronx, N.Y./Team Hilton HHonors (U.S. Olympic Training Center); 2014 U.S. vault champion Donnell Whittenburg of Baltimore, Md./Team Hilton HHonors (USOTC); and Paul Ruggeri of Manlius, N.Y./USOTC, 2014 U.S. vault silver medalist and 2014 World alternate – and Marvin Kimble of Milwaukee, Wis., 2014 Pan Am Championships team gold and pommel horse silver medalist.
The coaching staff is Andriy Stepanchenko of the U.S. Olympic Training Center as head coach and Kurt Golder of the University of Michigan. The team was selected based on the Men's Selection Procedures for 2015 Pan American Games.
The gymnastics schedule at the Pan Am Games is:
- July 11 –men’s team final and all-around and individual event qualification (USA, Subdivision 1)
- July 12 – women’s team final and all-around and individual event qualification (USA, Subdivision 1)
- July 13 – men’s and women’s all-around finals
- July 14-15 – men’s and women’s individual event finals
- July 17-18 – rhythmic gymnastics qualifications
- July 18-19 – men’s and women’s trampoline qualifications and finals
- July 19-20 – rhythmic gymnastics finals