As most of the gymnastics community is now aware, the U100: Fundamental Gymnastics Instruction certification is now a requirement for Professional and Jr. Professional members that intend to coach on the floor of a USA Gymnastics sanctioned event.
As with any new requirement there are many questions and concerns regarding who is required to obtain, and/or how to verify the certification.
Please see below for a quick overview of the U100 requirement:
- ALL coaches that are on the field of play at a USA Gymnastics sanctioned event MUST obtain U100 certification.
- The U100 course is complimentary to ALL current members of USA Gymnastics.
- U100 Certification does NOT expire.
- Failure to obtain U100 certification and/or verify that coaches have U100 is a sanction violation and may result in a fine.
- Members without U100 certification will NOT place a membership in a pending status.
- Unlike, safety and background check certification not all Professional/Jr. Professional members must obtain U100. Only professional members participating in a coaching roll must obtain the U100.
There are 4 ways that the U100 Certification can be verified online.
- Membership Card
- Membership cards can be accessed by individuals and/or the club administrators
- Individuals can also view and print their U100 certificate by viewing their certifications on the membership page.
- Club Administration Professional Roster
- Club administrators can view which professional members in their club have obtain U100 by viewing their professional rosters online.
- Verify Memberships via the Sanction page
- Meet Directors can verify from the verify membership portion of the sanction page.
For additional question or concerns regarding U100 certification please contact Member Services Department at 800.345.4719 or email@example.com.