© John Cheng
LONDON, July 29, 2012 -- The line-up for the U.S. men for the team finals at the 2012 Olympic Games has been submitted. The men's team finals are at 11:30 a.m. ET at the North Greenwich Arena.
The members of the U.S. Team are: Jake Dalton of Reno, Nev./University of Oklahoma; Jonathan Horton of Houston/Team Hilton HHonors (Cypress Gymnastics); Danell Leyva of Miami/Team Hilton HHonors (Universal Gymnastics); Sam Mikulak of Newport Coast, Calif./University of Michigan; and John Orozco of the Bronx/Team Hilton HHonors (U.S. Olympic Training Center).
The U.S. men's line-up is:
Floor exercise: Leyva, Mikulak, Dalton
Pommel horse: Leyva, Mikulak, Orozco
Still rings: Dalton, Horton, Orozco
Vault: Orozco, Mikulak, Dalton
Parallel bars: Mikulak, Orozco, Leyva
Horizontal bar: Orozco, Horton, Leyva
Gymnastics continues tomorrow with the men's team finals at 4:30 p.m., followed by the women's team finals on July 31. The men's all-around is on Aug. 1, followed by the women's all-around on Aug. 2. The individual event finals are Aug. 5-7.
Ways to follow the Olympic Games include:
- USAGym.org, the USA Gymnastics official website, is a great source for information about the sport: latest news, the schedule of its premier events, athlete biographies, videos, photo galleries, live scoring from major events and more. USA Gymnastics also has usagymclub.org, which is a resource center for parents of potential and existing gymnasts.
- TeamUSA.org, the U.S. Olympic Committee's website will also be a good resource for information on the Team USA in London.
- Facebook - USA Gymnastics has an official Facebook page, www.facebook.com/USAGymnastics, which carries USA Gymnastics information and activities for fans. The USOC's official Facebook page is www.facebook.com/USOlympicTeam
- Twitter - USA Gymnastics has an official Twitter feed -- @usagym. The USOC's Twitter feed is @usolympic.
- NBCOlympics.com - NBC is the broadcast and web source for coverage and news on the Olympic Games. NBCOlympics.com will carry live coverage of every gymnastics session as well as all sports, and maintain an archive for on-demand coverage. A special "Live Extra" app for smartphones and tablets is available as well. For gymnastics, viewing options will include a single "integrated" feed showing various competitors (akin to watching on TV), plus separate feeds for each apparatus.
Check your local listings for dates and times in your area here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html.
- YouTube - USA Gymnastics has an official YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/usagymnasticsorg, which features routines of the top gymnasts from various events, interviews, etc. The USOC's YouTube Channel is www.youtube.com/TeamUSA.