Coaches: Competitive coaches at all levels, for Women's, Men's, Rhythmic, Trampoline & Tumbling, Group Gymnastics, and Acrobatic Gymnastics
Judges and Officials: Judges and officials at all levels for Women's, Men's, Rhythmic, Trampoline & Tumbling, Group Gymnastics, and Acrobatic Gymnastics
Meet Directors: Individuals hosting/running USA Gymnastics sanctioned events and applying for event sanctions
Others: Other gymnastics professionals who participate in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events and wish to take advantage of the member benefits
- Individuals applying for Professional Membership must be 18 years of age or older
- USA Gymnastics Safety Certification (must re-certify every 4 years)
- Background check (must complete screening process every 2 years)
- Please note, if obtaining the Professional membership in order to coach on the floor of USA Gymnastics sanctioned event, member must hold a minimum level of Instructor Certified within USA Gymnastics University. This certification level is achieved by completing the U100: Fundamental Gymnastics Instruction course.
- Additionally, all members of USA Gymnastics are expected to display ethical conduct and comply with the USA Gymnastics Code of Ethical Conduct and all applicable criminal codes. SAFETY/RISK MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION: Must complete and pass a USA Gymnastics Safety/Risk Management Certification course (live or online). Certification is valid for 4 years. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: All background checks are performed by the NCSI exclusively. Background checks received from other agencies or for other organizations do not apply. Green light status must be granted by NCSI. *PLEASE NOTE: Additional fees apply for both the Background Check and Safety/Risk Management course.
- Secondary insurance coverage at USA Gymnastics sanctioned events
- Technique - enjoy a subscription to Technique magazine which feature articles on the technical aspects of the sport including committee minutes, rule updates, sports fitness updates, features on specific skills and techniques and other items that professionals working in the sport need to know!
- USA Gymnastics magazine - enjoy a subscription to the official magazine of USA Gymnastics, featuring personality profiles of U.S. gymnasts, training tips, coverage of major competitions, information on gymnastics camps, the latest in merchandise, and more!
- Seasonal discounts on apparel and merchandise sold through USA Gymnastics
- 5% discount on technical materials sold through USA Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics Membership card
- Discounts on congresses and educational courses
- Right to participate in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events
- Voting privileges for program positions
- Complimentary access to the U100 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction Course
- Complimentary access to the U103 USA Gymnastics Fitness Course
Two Options to Register:
- Membership is valid for one competitive season
- Current competitive season: August 1, 2016 through July 31, 2017
- There is no pro-rating of membership fees
- All fees and memberships are both non-refundable and non-transferable
- Normal processing time for mailed/faxed registration is 7-10 business days from the date of receipt.
- Membership card is available online ONLY
- There is a $25 Rush fee option (per person) when processing is required in less than our normal time.
- Rush processing guarantees membership number availability in our database and/or online membership search. If you choose Rush processing, your membership number will be available within three business days from the date of receipt in our office. Same day turnaround on Rush processing requests cannot be guaranteed.
- As long as a membership number can be verified by our online search, a member is permitted to be on the floor at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event.
Q: What are the benefits of becoming a Professional Member?
A: The main benefit of becoming a Professional Member is the ability to coach, judge or participate on the floor at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event. Professional members also receive discounts on educational courses and events, subscriptions to both the USA Gymnastics and Technique magazine publications and more. For more details regarding Professional membership click here.
Q: What are the requirements to become a Professional Member?
A: All Professional Members must complete the USA Gymnastics Safety/Risk Management Certification Program as well as the background check requirement.
Q: I am interested in becoming a Professional member. How do I get started?
A: The first step is to apply for the membership. Once the membership has been processed you will then be able to complete both the safety/risk management and background check requirements. Please Note: Your membership will be kept in a pending status until the requirements for membership have been completed.
Q: What does it mean for my membership to be in a pending status?
A: Pending status means that not all of the requirements for that membership have been completed. Therefore, while a Professional member is in pending status they are unable to participate in any USA Gymnastics sanctioned events. Once the requirements have been completed the membership will be released. Please note, membership will expired July 31, 2016, regardless of when the requirements were completed.
Q: I am a Professional member, but I would also like to start competing. Do I also have to register as an athlete?
A: Yes, the professional membership will not allow you to compete in any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event. You will need to complete an athlete registration in order to eligible for competition. Please Note: both memberships will use the same member number.
Q: I am currently a Women's Professional Member and would like to add the Men's discipline to my membership. What steps to do I take to add the extra discipline?
A: Professional members may add disciplines from their My Profile page. There is a $15/discipline fee.
Q: I need to become a Professional Member, but I am not sure what discipline I participate in?
A: Please use the guide below to help decide which discipline you require. Please note that Professional Membership comes with one discipline type. There is a $15 fee for each additional discipline.
- Women's (WPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Women's Artistic (BB, FX, UB, V) sanctioned events.
- Men's (MPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Men's Artistic sanctioned events. (FX, PB, HB, R, V, PH)
- Rhythmic (RPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Rhythmic sanctioned events.
- Trampoline and Tumbling (TPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Trampoline or Tumbling sanctioned events.
- Acrobatic (SPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Acrobatic sanctioned events
- Gymnastics For All (GPRO) = For those participating in Gymnastics For All (Group Gymnastics) sanctioned events.
Q: When do I have to renew my Professional Membership?
A: Professional Membership is valid for one competitive season. All membership do expire on July 31st. The safety/risk management certification is valid for 4 years and background check is valid for 2 years. Please note: each requirement may not expire at the time your membership expires each year. It is your responsibility to maintain current safety certification and valid background check.
Q: How do I order technical materials, rule books, compulsory materials, educational books, videos and other items?
A: All technical materials, rule books, educational materials and books, and videos produced by USA Gymnastics are available for purchase through our online store. Browse the online store using the category links in the left column. Rules, specifications, codes of points, compulsory materials, videos, and other materials are available for each USA Gymnastics discipline (i.e. Women, Men, Rhythmic, Trampoline and Tumbling, Acrobatics, and General Gymnastics). Other materials such as the Safety/Risk Management Certification handbook, preschool and recreational materials, general sports science books, safety posters, videos and other items can be found under the General Education link. To order, use the online shopping cart or call 1-800-345- 4719 and select option #1.
Q: How do I receive my member discount on technical materials?
A: Professional, Junior Professional, and Instructor members receive a 5% discount on all technical material orders through the online store. In order to receive this discount, you must call 1-800-345-4719, select option #1 and speak with an order fulfillment representative. They will add your membership information and discount to your account. For future orders, you may order through the online store or by calling and your discount should still be reflected in your record and automatically applied.
Phone Hours: Monday -Thursday – 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET
Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
1-800-345-4719 toll free