Coaches: Competitive assistant coaches who are 16-17 years of age working at all levels, for Women's, Men's, Rhythmic, Trampoline & Tumbling, Group Gymnastics, and Acrobatic Gymnastics
Judges: Judges who are 16-17 years of age working at all levels for Women's, Men's, Rhythmic, Trampoline & Tumbling, Group Gymnastics, and Acrobatic Gymnastics
- Must complete the U100: Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction Course if Jr. Professional member intends to COACH on the floor at a USA Gymnastics sanction event.
- Individuals applying for Junior Professional Membership must be 16-17 years of age
- USA Gymnastics Safety Certification (must re-certify every 4 years)
- Must be accompanied by a Professional Member while coaching at USA Gymnastics sanctioned events
- Secondary insurance coverage at USA Gymnastics sanctioned events
- Technique - enjoy a subscription to Technique magazine which feature articles on the technical aspects of the sport including committee minutes, rule updates, sports fitness updates, features on specific skills and techniques and other items that professionals working in the sport need to know!
- USA Gymnastics magazine - enjoy a subscription to the official magazine of USA Gymnastics, featuring personality profiles of U.S. gymnasts, training tips, coverage of major competitions, information on gymnastics camps, the latest in merchandise, and more!
- Seasonal discounts on apparel and merchandise sold through USA Gymnastics
- 5% discount on technical materials sold through USA Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics Membership card
- Discounts on congresses and educational courses
- Complimentary access to the U100 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction Course
- Complimentary access to the U103 USA Gymnastics Fitness Course
Two Options to Register:
- Membership is valid for one competitive season
- Current competitive season: August 1, 2016 through July 31, 2017
- There is no pro-rating of membership fees
- All fees and memberships are both non-refundable and non-transferable!
- Normal processing time for mailed/faxed registration is 7-10 business days from the date of receipt in our office and for online registration processing time is 2 business days.
- Membership card is available online ONLY
- There is a $25 Rush fee option (per person) when processing is required in less than our normal time.
- Rush processing guarantees membership number availability in our database and/or online membership search. If you choose Rush processing, your membership number will be available within three business days from the date of receipt in our office. Same day turnaround on Rush processing requests cannot be guaranteed.
- As long as a membership number can be verified by our online search, a member is permitted to be on the floor at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event.
Q: What are the benefits of the Jr. Professional membership?
A: The Jr. Professional membership will allow those coaches, and judges between the ages of 16 and 17 to participate in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events. The membership also includes, discounts on USA Gymnastics educational courses, 1 year subscription to the USA Gymnastics and Technique magazines, membership card and more. For more details regarding professional membership please click the links to the left. Please note: Jr. Professional must be accompanied by a Professional Member while on the floor of a sanctioned event.
Q: What are the requirements to become a Jr. Professional Member?
A: Jr. Professional members must complete the safety/risk management certification course. Please note: Jr. Professional membership will be kept in a pending status until the safety course has been completed.
Q: I am a Jr. Professional member, but I would also like to start competing. Do I also have to register as an athlete?
A: Yes, the Jr. Professional membership will not allow you to compete in any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event. You will need to complete an athlete registration in order to eligible for competition. Please Note: both memberships will use the same member number.
Q: Are Jr. Professional members required to complete the background check requirement?
A: No, at this time the background check is only required for Professional membership.
Q: I am currently a Women's Jr. Professional Member and would like to add the Trampoline and Tumbling discipline to my membership. What steps to do I take to add the extra discipline.
A: Please call Member Services at 1-800-345-4719 and request that the discipline be added. The cost for additional disciplines is $15.
Q: I need to become a Jr. Professional Member, but I am not sure what discipline I participate in.
A: Please use the guide below to help decide which discipline you require. Please note the Jr. Professional Membership comes with one discipline, there is a $15 fee for adding other disciplines.
- Women's (WPRO) = For those participating in a USA Gymnastics Women's Artistic (BB, FX, UB, V) sanctioned event.
- Men's (MPRO) = For those participating in a USA Gymnastics Men's Artistic Event
- Rhythmic (RPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Rhythmic sanctioned events
- Trampoline and Tumbling (TPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Trampoline or Tumbling sanctioned events.
- Acrobatic (SPRO) = For those participating in USA Gymnastics Acrobatic sanctioned events
- General Gymnastics (GPRO) = For those participating in Group Gymnastics sanctioned events.
Q: What does it mean for my membership to be in a pending status?
A: Pending status means that not all of the requirements for that membership have been completed. Therefore, while a Jr. Professional member Please feel free to contact Member Services for any other question or concerns.
Q: How do I order technical materials, rule books, compulsory materials, educational books, videos and other items?
A: All technical materials, rule books, educational materials and books, and videos produced by USA Gymnastics are available for purchase through our online store. Browse the online store using the category links in the left column. Rules, specifications, codes of points, compulsory materials, videos, and other materials are available for each USA Gymnastics discipline (i.e. Women, Men, Rhythmic, Trampoline and Tumbling, Acrobatics, and General Gymnastics). Other materials such as the Safety/Risk Management Certification handbook, preschool and recreational materials, general sports science books, safety posters, videos and other items can be found under the General Education link. To order, use the online shopping cart or call 1-800-345-4719 and select option #1.
Q: How do I receive my member discount on technical materials?
A: Professional, Junior Professional, and Instructor members receive a 5% discount on all technical material orders through the online store. In order to receive this discount, you must call 1-800-345-4719, select option #1 and speak with an order fulfillment representative. They will add your membership information and discount to your account. For future orders, you may order through the online store or by calling and your discount should still be reflected in your record and automatically applied.
Phone Hours: Monday -Thursday – 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET
Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
1-800-345-4719 toll free