Instructor Membership is highly recommended, but not required for gymnastics instructors and teachers. Instructor Membership does not permit an individual to coach on the floor of a USA Gymnastics sanctioned event. Professional or Junior Professional membership is required for sanctioned event participation.
- Technique - enjoy a subscription to Technique magazine which feature articles on the technical aspects of the sport including committee minutes, rule updates, sports fitness updates, features on specific skills and techniques and other items that professionals working in the sport need to know!
- Seasonal discounts on apparel and merchandise sold through USA Gymnastics
- 5% discount on technical materials sold through USA Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics Membership card
- Discounts on congresses and educational courses
- Complimentary access to the U100 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction Course
- Complimentary access to the U103 USA Gymnastics Fitness Course
Instructor Members are also encouraged to complete the USA Gymnastics Safety Certification (certification valid for 4 years)
Additionally, all members of USA Gymnastics are expected to display ethical conduct and comply with the USA Gymnastics Code of Ethical Conduct and all applicable criminal codes. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: All background checks are performed by the NCSI exclusively. Background checks received from other agencies or for other organizations do not apply. Green light status must be granted by NCSI. Background checks are valid for 2 years. *PLEASE NOTE: Additional fees apply for both the Background Check and Safety/Risk Management course.
Two options to register
- Membership is valid for one competitive season
- Current competitive season: August 1, 2016 through July 31, 2017
- There is no pro-rating of membership fees
- All fees and memberships are both non-refundable and non-transferable
- Online registrations will be available upon payment transaction. Please allow 7-10 business days processing for faxed/mailed forms
- Membership card available online ONLY.
- There is a $25 Rush fee option when processing is required in less than our normal time.
- Rush processing guarantees membership number availability in our database and/or online membership search. If you choose Rush processing, your membership number will be available within three business days from the date of receipt in our office. Same day turnaround on Rush processing requests can not be guaranteed. Membership cards will be issued as quickly as possible.
Q: Who should become an Instructor Member?
A: Instructor membership is for preschool/recreational teachers, and coaches who would like to take advantage of USA Gymnastics educational opportunities and receive the Technique Magazine.
Q: What are the requirements to become an Instructor Member?
A: Applicants must be at least 14 years old to apply and pay a membership fee of $15. Please note, applicants over the age of 18 are now required to complete the NCSI criminal background check screening in order for the membership to be valid.
Q: I am an Instructor member, can I participate in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events?
A: No, only Professional and Junior Professional members have may participate in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events.
Q: I am an Instructor member, is it possible for me to complete the background check?
A: Yes, for applicants over the age of 18, it is now a requirement to complete the background check in order to receive USA Gymnastics University certifications and membership card.
Q: How do I order technical materials, rule books, compulsory materials, educational books, videos and other items?
A: All technical materials, rule books, educational materials and books, and videos produced by USA Gymnastics are available for purchase through our online store. Browse the online store using the category links in the left column. Rules, specifications, codes of points, compulsory materials, videos, and other materials are available for each USA Gymnastics discipline (i.e. Women, Men, Rhythmic, Trampoline and Tumbling, Acrobatics, and General Gymnastics). Other materials such as the Safety/Risk Management Certification handbook, preschool and recreational materials, general sports science books, safety posters, videos and other items can be found under the General Education link. To order, use the online shopping cart or call 1-800-345-4719 and select option #1.
Q: How do I receive my member discount on technical materials?
A: Professional, Junior Professional, and Instructor members receive a 5% discount on all technical material orders through the online store. In order to receive this discount, you must call 1-800-345-4719, select option #1 and speak with an order fulfillment representative. They will add your membership information and discount to your account. For future orders, you may order through the online store or by calling and your discount should still be reflected in your record and automatically applied.
Phone Hours: Monday -Thursday – 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET
Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. ET
1-800-345-4719 toll free